10. HIS GOAL

WITH EVERY SUGGESTION being thrown [Name]'s way, she notes them down into her personal notebook. She calls it her Assistant, because it's able to swallow the things she writes down. Currently, the players of Team Z sit in a circle to discuss their next game plan.

"Okay, so we've got Imamura's speed..." she drawls, soon looking at the tired Bachira. "What's your weapon, Bachira?"

"My weapon's..." His eyes droop as he sways, "dribbling..." He flops onto the futons.

"Dribbling..." She voices out. "Kuon said his weapon is his jumping...aha! Okay, Yoichi, you're up."

Isagi flinches as she makes eye contact with him. "Well uh..." He begins. "I wonder..."

"If you have nothing then you're basically screwed, loser," Raichi waves off, "Move on!"

"Hey—I'll think of something.!!"

[Name] smiles, "No need to rush the process. I'll come back to you later, okay?" She glances at her list, "Chigiri...Hyoma? You're up."

"I'm... not saying," he murmurs, putting his face onto his knees.

"What the hell man? If pretty boy here wants to be selfish, let's keep going," Raichi hisses at the pink-haired boy.

Chigiri glances at [Name]'s face, silently watching for a reaction. He relaxes when she simply smiles and nods with understanding.

"Don't rush him, Raichi. Or should I say, Mr. 'Sexy' Soccer." The girl giggles.

Raichi explodes and [Name] cackles loudly.

Bachira stirs and cuddles up against her clothed thigh, making her glance down at his sleeping face. The girl scoots away, fearing that she might accidentally hurt him, but he moves closer.

This repeated a few times, and she ultimately gives up with a sigh. "Is he really sleeping?"

Isagi sheepishly apologizes on the sleeping boy's behalf.

.

.

.

[Name] does not receive any calls from Michael today. She assumes he's practicing with the team still. Despite his teasing remarks, she misses him dearly.

It's been a week since she left, and she was in shambles.

A sigh escapes her lips as she thinks back about her hometown. Munich, Germany—that was her true home. And obviously, no one is denying this...but regardless, she really just wants to go back home.

She can almost smell the aroma of freshly baked bread from the local bakery, hear the cheerful chatter of her friends at the neighborhood café, and feel the comforting embrace of her grandparents and friends. The ache of homesickness gnaws at her heart, a relentless longing for the familiar streets and faces she left behind.

She adores her parents and sister, but she just...never felt at home whenever she visits. Her parents unknowingly treat her like an outsider, and her older sister really only talks to her when she needs something. [Name] knows Anri doesn't mean to—heavens no.

Maybe she's just being stupid.

But as much as she yearns to return, she knows she can't. Responsibilities and commitments tie her to her current location, far from the place that fills her with nostalgia and warmth. She pushes down the waves of homesickness, burying them deep within her, afraid of appearing immature or weak in front of her new peers.

She forces a smile, masking the turmoil brewing beneath the surface, and leans toward her desk surface. After all, she's supposed to be strong and independent, capable of handling whatever challenges come her way.