11. TEAM Y

[NAME] was so cooked.

Her usual ease in falling asleep was disrupted by persistent thoughts. She pondered increasing the training intensity for each team within this tier. While Team Z had been advancing steadily in both physical and mental abilities, she now felt the need to elevate the challenges, pushing them to achieve greater heights.

However, pushing them too hard will result in both physical and mental exhaustion. While its easy to get better physically, mentally is a whole other ball game.

She sighs, throwing her blanket off, "I'm hungry."

Arriving at the cafeteria, she stands beside the food conveyor, observing as it swiftly scans her Blue Lock Staff ID card. A sigh escapes her lips as the aroma of rice and miso soup wafts through the air.

Upon receiving her side dish, she proceeds to walk back to her room. While walking, she sees the monitor room door open and raises a brow as she sees Isagi sitting there with a perplexed, serious look on his fair exterior.

She sees the previous soccer matches play on the big screen before her and slowly walks in, placing her food tray next to the computer desk.

"It's no good..." she hears him say. "I can't think of anything...all I'm doing is analyzing how others play..."

Sheepishly, she calls out, "...Yoichi?"

"Huh?! What?!" He jumps, swiveling to meet her towering form from his seated position. Upon seeing that it was just [name], the boy sighs.

"Oh...It's you, [name]..." Isagi watches her take a seat beside him.

"It's me," she smiles.

"You gave me a fright. I didn't think anyone would come here at this time of night," Yoichi observes.

"I got hungry," [name] answers simply. "I was heading back to eat but then saw you, and decided to pop in! So, what are you doing awake at 1:35 am, Yoichi?"

He could hear the gentle, scolding tone in her voice, "I-I understand that sleep is important...but I've been trying to find my success. A formula if you will."

[Name] hums, "A formula? For scoring?"

"Yes," he nods. "The way I see it, everyone understands their weapon, and has a formula for scoring." He becomes dejected once more. "But I don't have either. So in other words, I'm behind everyone."

He looks down in shame, "I'm short on kick power, technique, and speed already as it is..." Yoichi clenches a fist. "...At the rate I'm in, I'll get locked off for sure!"

[Name] frowns at this, but continues to listen.

"So, I figured the only way was to cut down on sleep in order to research my formula." He finishes.

The girl purses her lips together, "I totally understand how you feel...but this isn't a good idea."

Isagi raises a brow, taken aback, "Why not? I've identified a task for myself, and I'm working to achieve it. Isn't that what Blue Lock is all about?"

"It's like this," [Name] starts, "I'm not trying to be pessimistic...but even if you achieve in figuring out your formula...will you definitely win?"

"Well, it'll increase the chances of me winning, right...?"

"And will that make you feel less worried about not winning?"

Yoichi hesitates, "A little..?"

"Okay, maybe a little. But it won't stop you from not being able to sleep at night, right~?" [Name] drawls playfully.