Can I say it?

>>Seraphina

I stared at him and he looked back into my eyes with a very soft look

"There was a moment where she ended up reminding me of me... When I was her age," He answered, "I was in a worse situation than she was, and I like her spirit."

He was in a worse situation than her?

"This might sound strange but I've grown quite attached to that kid." His hand reached out to me and my gaze immediately locked on to it, "So believe me," His hand cupped my cheek, making me feel warm, "When I say that I will get her back for you," His thumb moved and he wiped that tear that had welled in the corner of my eye.

I stared at Azef as I realized there was no doubt in my mind about his words. What he said to me, my brain perceived it to be true.

My feelings rumbled. It seems I trust him far more than I had realized. And the more I realized it, the more constricted my chest felt.

I moved my face away, slipping it out of his hand. I wanted to ask him about his mate, I wanted to ask him but I couldn't. What would be the point of asking him?

Do I want to know whether he wants to move on? Or maybe he has?

Parts of him are so affectionate with me that I start to crave more. I bit my lower lip in frustration. I know I am a doomed person, I crave him because he is nice to me.

I'm easy. I'm so easy I feel like a clown.

But he's not the type to do these things out of simple good gestures. I know because in the beginning he was ready to sell me.

"Don't do that," He grabbed my chin and made me look at him, "Don't bite your lips," I looked at him, unable to let my lip out of agony, "What's wrong?" There was a look of worry on his face.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked him, because in the end I couldn't resist.

Let's hear what he has to say.

"I'm being nice?" He smiled

"A little too nice," I said, "But I don't get it, why are you so nice to me?"

"There's no rule saying I can't be," He replied and I closed my eyes. What was I expecting? What did I think he would say? I moved his hand away from my face in annoyance.

Silence overcame the room for a moment and that didn't sit well with me. It was only awkward

"Why?" I spoke first, "I need you to tell me, why?"

"Why am I nice to you?" He asked and I turned my head to look at him.

"Yes," I replied, "Because your behavior changed a lot from the beginning. You were ready to sell me the first day you met me."

"Ah," He frowned, "Yea well," He tapped his index finger on the bed, "I was taking out my anger on you."

"What?"

"I was angry at your father for stealing from me, so I sort of took it out on you in the beginning, I'm not that rough with anyone." He paused, "Well, not with people who haven't offended me."

"..." I didn't know how to respond to that. So he's saying he just stopped taking his anger out on me? So, now he's nicer? Or is this how he really is and it was just me being delusional?

I looked away.

"Why are you suddenly asking me this?"

"...No reason..." I could never admit that it was because I was delusional and I thought I was his mate. That's why he was treating me so nicely, that's why he was protecting me and taking care of me.