The Proposal

IVY

I hadn't seen my best friend since he dumped me off in the school parking lot this morning due to some things he had to go do. Something about his dad making him go get something for practice later? Yeah, I don't buy it.

I don't know why, but he's been hiding so many things from me. Like the cliff on Saturday. Why did he say "you'll find out soon?" What does that even mean? Maybe I was just that blind.

We had ten minutes until lunch and if his ass wasn't sitting in that seat when I got there I was going to hunt him down.

Colton is my best friend, I eat, sleep, and breathe him. After that kiss...could I even call him my best friend anymore? Have you ever wanted to know if you could be something more with someone but were too scared to find out? I would hate to break up our friendship over something like this. That's why I haven't tried anything more than to kiss him.

I'm honestly scared to do it again. If it happens again, who knows what could happen? Could I be catching feelings? I've never really thought about dating him until now. I only saw him as a best friend. But now, I just want to know what if we were something more?

The bell rings and I pack up my items to head to lunch. Before I got to the cafeteria, I stopped by my locker to place my textbook in there because I didn't want to carry that heavy thing around all day. I walk to the cafeteria to see a loud commotion going on. I curiously try to look around the crowd that has formed.

Suddenly a hand is gripped around my arm and pulls me towards the crowd. I feel all eyes on me as we weave through the crowd. What was happening?

Suddenly, a boy, not just any boy though, Colton appears. He has Noah holding a white sign behind him with lines showing the heights.

Colton was in an orange jumpsuit with a huge smile on his face. In his hand, he held a sign saying, "I would kill to go to homecoming with you, Ivy."

My hands flew to my mouth as I laughed and walked towards him. He walked up to me and I hugged him, "With a proposal like that, how could I say no?"

Colton laughs, "That's what I was hoping for."

The crowd fades away and it is now only our friends and I standing around. "All of you guys knew about this?" I ask. They all nodded, "You are all shitty friends! How could y'all keep this from me?"

Emily laughs, "I was bribed." He holds up a chocolate bar and points to Colton.

He suddenly has flowers in his hands and holds them out to me, "Oh these are for you."

They were white roses with Ivy leaves in them. "These are so pretty, thank you!" I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss his cheek.

We sit down to eat our lunch and he wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, "I had to skip all morning because I couldn't afford to spill the beans."

I chuckle, "Smart, you can't keep a secret, C."

He gasps, "Trust me I can. I've been keeping a secret for years now."

"What is it?"

He smirks, "Can't say it, it's a secret. You won't get me to tell you."

I roll my eyes and smirk, "You caught me." Well, I guess I need to start looking for a dress now then. Homecoming wasn't for another few weeks but I wanted to go ahead and find something to wear so it isn't last minute.

"Emily and Claire, wanna go shopping after school?" I ask.

They nod, "Meet you at your house after practice?" Claire suggested. I nod and continue to eat my lunch and scroll through my Snapchat. I see that a few people put videos of his proposal on their stories. I smile at the cute gesture. We were gonna be one smoking hot couple at the dance. Well, not a couple but date. I guess? I don't know what to call it.