CRAZY CHARLIE

EXT. WAYNE'S HOUSE - NIGHT

(We're WIDE on an old rundown one-story house. Typical for a working class neighborhood. A young HISPANIC GUY pedals down the sidewalk. The sound of COMMOTION and YELLING spills out from the home.)

MALE VOICE (O.S.)

Open it right now!

FEMALE VOICE (O.S.)

Wayne, stop! I didn't do anything!

(Our Hispanic guy pedals through the frame unfazed. It's just another day in the neighborhood...)

SUPERIMPOSE: Long Beach, CA

INT. WAYNE'S HOUSE, BEDROOM - NIGHT

(DANNIE, a plain yet attractive girl in her 20s, presses her body against the bedroom door- desperately trying to brace it.

She clutches the doorknob with one hand, and holds a CELL PHONE in the other. Tears run down her face. Light from the phone reveals an open line.

BAM! A jolt from the door.)

DANNIE

Wayne, please stop it!

INT. WAYNE'S HOUSE, HALLWAY - NIGHT

(WAYNE, a disheveled 30 year-old, POUNDS on the bedroom door. Eyes bloodshot, shifting between hurt and anger.

He looks like a guy who spends his days in a garage, not an office. However, today, it looks like he spent most of it at the bottom of a bottle.)

WAYNE

Open the damn door, Dannie! I'll kick this shit in, I swear to God!

(INTERCUT BETWEEN WAYNE AND DANNIE)

DANNIE

I'm sorry... OK? Please stop it.

BOOM!- Wayne kicks the door.

WAYNE

You wanna make me look like and idiot? Like a loser? Embarrass me?

DANNIE

Wayne, please!

(WHAM! Wayne RAMS the door. He readies to go again then-

-CRASH! THE DOOR BURSTS OPEN

Dannie falls back. The phone slides across the floor. Dannie scrambles to her feet, terrified.

Wayne creeps towards her...)

WAYNE

After all I've done for you, you sneak behind my back?

DANNIE

Wayne, please stop! I was trying to help.

WAYNE

No. You went out prancing around like a slut is what you did.

DANNIE

I thought I was supporting you.

WAYNE

By making me look weak? Like we're desperate?

DANNIE

It's been 2 months. I just thought--

WAYNE

--What? That you'd go crawling to rich Ray Tucker, and beg him to give me a job as some yard worker?

DANNIE

Wayne, I--

WAYNE

--I own my own business! I'm not some begger outside of Home Depot! Is that what you think I am?