Chapter 1

AN: Please forgive my grammar, i dislike proof reading and know that there are a few mistakes and writing errors. Thank you for overlooking my imperfections. i hope you like this. 

She ran down the court and did a lay up. As she took the ball back to center court she saw her coach yell at one of the other players. She had never known it could be so much fun to be part of a team. It was her first year on the basket ball team. It was also her senior year in school. She was the oldest one. Due to the accident last year she had to make up her senior year. At eighteen most of her friends were graduated and already starting college. 

 He blew the whistle "alright practice is over hit the showers ladies." her team mates were heading for the showers but she went to her coach.

"coach?"

"yeah Julie?"

"do you mind sticking around I wanted to practice some more."

"what do you want me for?"

"you are the coach just to make sure that I do it right. Critique me if I need it."

"okay why don't you start with your lay up you were doing good until that last one."

"you got it coach" as she took the ball down the court she thought about her coach he was a nice guy not like the high school guys who re always asking her out. She wanted to know what it was like to have real relationship with a guy who didn't think the world revolved around his car. She did lay up after lay up. It wasn't long before her arms were burning. She did her hook shots.

"come on Julie you can do better then that I have seen you do better. You've got talent you just have to use it."

"it would be easier if I didn't have an imaginary partner. Why don't you play me a little one on one."

"I would hate to kick you butt."

"I don't think you could."

"I know I could."

"prove it."

"okay." he stepped on the court tucked his whistle In and checked the ball with her. He fainted right but she followed him left. He ran spun and missed his first shot. By his second shot he had himself in the game. He made four goals and she three. she took the ball to center court and threw it for a two point shot.

"give up yet?" she teased. He shook his head.

"see I told you . You're a talent you could go far in this game."

"no I like it but I wouldn't want to do more then play for school. And maybe a game or two for fun." she smiled and flirted a little. She dribbled and went to the side to make another shot.. He came up behind her keeping barely an inch between them she tried to turn but he was there. Time slowed as she went from side to side she could feel him behind her. His heat soaked in to her thru her uniform. He hand was splayed on her side. Her awareness of him went up and inch. She felt the familiar tingle start in her stomach.

She was good he had to admit that but she could do better. He looked up just as she looked over her shoulder. The heat in her gaze had nothing to do with the game and everything to do with her being female and him male. It stopped him just long enough for her to get by him and make the last shot. He was so taken by the look of pure satisfaction on her face and his physical reaction to it he just stood there.

"yo, coach, you okay?"

"yeah just winded I'm not as young as I used to be."

"oh come on your what thirty five you shouldn't have that much problem."

He smiled and told her to hit the shower. She showered alone all the other girls long gone. As she soaped her hair and started to rinse it she thought about the look she saw on his face she had seen it on other male faces before but she had never had such a strong reaction to it. She dried her hair and picked up her bag. The walk home was filled with thought about her coach and her reaction to him. She was old enough to have seen the reaction before and old enough to know what to do about it. But it was her coach sure he was just as male as any other guy but he as a teacher weren't there rules about that type of thing. 

*thanks for reading. this is the first time that I've decided to publish my own works. this is one I've sat on for a long time. Depending on the response to this is whether i continue to post chapters or not. so please review it for me.