Prologue | Excerpt

Prologued to messages from her:

"Why are you here?" The guy asked the girl, who is standing behind the counter, at the bar that throws any kind party whenever it fits the scene.

"Why are you?" she asked confused, the same inquiring reflected back to him, the unknown stranger that she sees around town with his friends but never knowing his name, he definitely wasn't faceless but was nameless to the girl

"I asked you first!?!" He replied back almost fast, a bit defensively too, her raising an eyebrow at him, at his quick answer, looking around the bar, seeing that there wasn't anyone at the counter waiting for drinks but they were dancing or talking to their other drunk friends, she relaxed more against the counter, laying her arms on it than letting her head rest on the palm of her hand.

Watching the stranger with mild interest, him doing the same thing to her, unknowingly to the girl, that he was intrigued by her, ever since he heard about her in school a couple of months ago.

"Are you old enough to be here?" The girl asked, while cleaning up the glasses, than the counter, he too raised an eyebrow at her inquiry words.

Considering the fact that she too was underage, but for some weird reason she's working here.

"How bout you? Are you old enough to be here? To work here specifically?!" The guy asked back to the girl, who seemingly avoiding eye contact with him, he understood that, since he's just a stranger, not acquaintances or friends but strangers to each other.

"I'm sixteen...and old enough to work so, to answer your unquestioned question, I'm covering for another employee?!" The girl told him sternly, while staring at him with fire in her gaze that shows that he should back off.

He smiled at the girl before finally introducing himself to her, she rose an eyebrow up at his sudden shift in his body language. "I'm Sean. Sean Lew and fake I.D is a thing right?!" He said in amusement while gazing at the rest of her, as she moved from behind the counter, to sit right next to him, with immersed look in her eyes. Dressed in black high waisted jeans, with dark grey  loose v neck shirt and black apron.

"Hah, yeah I know it's a thing, why do you think I asked you about your age?!" She said in amusement, making him chuckle before settling his eyes on hers, in the florescent light he could see specks of green inside her brown eyes. Before settling on her lips momentarily, then he quickly looked away so he won't creep her out.

"I..I'm not sure probably thought it was weird and bias, since you said you're sixteen so.." The stranger, Sean said to her, making her laugh quietly, nodding her head in understanding. "It's pretty much a standard procedure around here now, since a lot of teenagers comes here like yourself without any I.D or bringing a fake one just to create more ruckus around the already rowdy busy place?!" She than told him honestly, resting her arm on the counter.

"Ah I see...well it was my friends birthday and he said I'm invited and on "the list" Sean candidly spoken to her, putting air quotation mark around the two words, meaning that there wasn't any list. Causing her to snicker and rolled her eyes in a playful way, while nudging his arm. "Rigbt..." The girl then said sarcastically.

"I'm serious, that is what he said and the bouncer agreed?!" Sean told her honestly. While he kept glancing at her then at  his hands, that is resting on the bar counter