𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲

❝ i'm sitting here, crying in my prom dress

❝ i'm sitting here, crying in my prom dress. i'd be the prom queen if crying was a contest. ❞

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ IN A WORLD where tara finds the calm to her storm

❝ makeup is running down, feelings are all around. how did i get here, i need to know. ❞

(𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀.)

Tara Tanaka was someone who never strayed from a challenge, who took every project and every task head-first, diving into a mood where it was near impossible to pull her out of. It was more exciting that way, keeping herself out of that slump of boredom that desperately pulled at her ankles, putting herself out on adventures that most haven't made in their entire lifetime. Those were the moments where she wished she could hide away from the flashing cameras and the consistent Instagram posts to let her loyal fanbase know she was still alive and kicking, updating everyone via social media on her journeys and upcoming projects.

Sure, of course she was grateful for the fame and loved the opportunities it gave her, but it was always so hard to keep up with, especially when there was a whole world to see outside of Tokyo, Japan. Tara loved her fans, she loved their friendly messages of wondering what she could be casted in next, or what she should audition for with her skillset.

Genuinely, it was vastly impressive from her exquisite dance experience and perfect English-to-Japanese ratio to the several roles she had auditioned for and nailed all over the Japanese movie variety, the genres stretching farther than the Mediterranean Sea.

Some part of her wanted to try something new, to give Tara Tanaka a new challenge to take by the horns.

Maybe that was why Tara had impulsively sent in her audition tape to Kenny Ortega from Los Angeles, her manager keeping in contact with the man to see if she got a callback. It wasn't as if she were expecting one, lounging around her apartment with a bowl of instant noodles and playing a quick chapter of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, her tawny-eyes scanning each word before exploring another part of Hope's Peak Academy. It was a bit of a stretch to get a callback from the United States to Japan, especially with the rare opportunity to audition for a Netflix TV Series. So, she hadn't expected much from it as she stuffed more noodles into her mouth, grumbling at the screen.

That wasn't until her phone rang obnoxiously, a few chimes in before Tara removed the headset from her ears and around her neck, her fingers mindlessly clicking her mouse.

"Go for Tara." The Japanese actress muttered into her phone, her words slightly muffled into the microphone as she gulped down her food before using her chopsticks to pick up the mochi treat on her right side. She could hear her manager on the other end, grumbling to herself at the young girl's nonchalant behaviour. It was obvious that Tara hadn't picked up her phone for the last few hours, locking herself in her apartment after her modelling shoot, wanting to have the last few hours of the day to herself.