-----------------------------------

I woke up to the smell of porridge. To them I am now 16 years of age, but only Beth, Lillian and I know my real age.

I climbed down from my bedroom and went to my mother Valery. She was making porridge for us, she was startled when she turned and saw me, dropping the pot. I move quickly and grab the handle with my foot, bringing it to my hand and giving it to her “Thank you sweet heart” she said and gave me a kiss on my cheek “Happy birthday” she added going back to what she was doing.

I walked out the house and grabbed a basket and went to the bakery where Beth spends most her time with her Mother Jasmine.

When I got there I saw Beth picking flowers and humming. I walked up to her giving her a hug as she giggled softly waving at me when I entered the bakery “Bella! Hello dear, you want some bread for Granny?” Jasmine asked as I nod “Yes please, she’s ill and there is this pitch black wolf with Golden eyes roaming outside the village at nights, I just want to make sure that she’s fine” I answered.

“Really, Are you sure it’s not just Stephan?” She asks and I shake my head “This one had golden eyes, Stephan’s wolf has one Green eye and one brown one” I answer and she nods “True but if there really is another wolf, you should be careful, Here is a bottle of wine and a piece of cake for granny, Set out before it gets hot, and when you are going, walk nicely and quietly and do not run off the path, or you may fall and break the bottle, and then granny will get nothing, and when you go into her room, don't forget to say, "Good morning"” Jasmine tells me with a serious tone.

Granny lived out in the wood, half a league from the village. While I was walking I heard ruffling in the woods. I walked faster until I spot it “Wolf” I said quietly. The wolf came closer as I made an emotionless facial expression “Maybe he’s friendly, like Peter, Jasmine and Stephan” My wolf told me.

“Good day, Red Riding Hood” The wolf greeted

“Thank you kindly, wolf” I answered still walking the path to granny’s house.

“Whither away so early, Red Riding Hood?” he asked, his voice sent shivers down my spine as I continued walking.

“To my Granny’s” I answered, trying to keep the talking to a minimum.

“What have you got in the basket?” The wolf asked giving me a wolfy grin.

“That is none of your concern” I answered ducking a branch and making it slap the wolf in the face as he tried to pass. He growled but continued to follow me.

“Where does your Granny live, Red Riding Hood?” he asked as I scoff and walk faster.

“You need not know” I answer as he growled.

“'See, Red Riding Hood, how pretty the flowers are about here - why do you not look round? I believe, too, that you do not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing; you walk gravely along as if you were going to school, while everything else out here in the wood is merry.” The wolf says.

I think it through “Bell, he’s right maybe you should pick some flowers for granny” my wolf says ‘Do I look like a 12 year old?’ I as her “No but you do remember how much granny loves flowers” she adds. I sigh in defeat.

“'Suppose I take Granny a fresh nosegay; that would please her too. It is so early in the day that I shall still get there in good time” I say and wonder off the path. Maybe if I am nice to the wolf he would not harm me or anyone I love dearly.

Suddenly I feel something hard make contact with my scull and darkness overcomes me…

Thomas/Wolf’s POV