Chapter 19: The Bottom Of The Black Lake

Start from the beginning

"You sure?"

"Oh common, Rosie. You always know about all our pranks."

She knew this was true, "then what does the headmaster want with George?"

Fred shrugged, "dunno. Maybe something with his marks?"

Daisy shrugged and looked at the clock, "I should get to bed, got to wake up early for the task."

"Me and George will find you in the morning," Fred called as they parted ways. Daisy changed out of her school clothes and slipped into bed, her stomach full of butterflies and her mind racing, trying to keep up with her overthinking.

She thought about if the twins potion would work.

She thought about what item would be at the bottom of the black lake.

She thought about how far down it would be.

She thought about if she would have to fight for it.

But most of all, she thought about George, and how he would be able to calm her down the next morning. She tossed and turned all night as she tried to fall asleep, eventually resting late into the night. Early the next day, her alarm woke her up. Or maybe it was Ginny, she couldn't recall. Hermoine hadn't been there that morning, it was odd.

The girls wished her luck as she went to the common room to wait for Fred and George. To her surprise, she only saw one twin.

"Where's George?" She asked Fred as he approached.

"You haven't seen him this morning?" Fred asked, a slight panic in his voice.

"Have you?" Daisy asked, furrowing her brow.

"No," he began, "I don't think he ever came back last night..."

"That's unlike him."

"No kidding, we barely ever go 10 minutes without seeing each other."

"Maybe he's already at the lake," Daisy suggested, "could have gotten a head start."

"Yeah..." Fred agreed with her, "ready to go?"

"I guess," she shrugged as they began to walk.

"You're gonna do fine, don't worry Rosie," he smiled and nudged into her.

"Hope you're right," she sighed as they continued to walk. Shortly after they arrived at the Black Lake they took boats over, many people wished Daisy luck, but she kept herself focused on looking for George.

They reached the stands that were set up in the middle of the lake, and they found Lee talking to Angelina and Katie Bell, "Lee!" Daisy called, he left his conversation with the girls and walked over to them.

"Diggory! How we feeling?" He laughed.

"I'm alright, have you seen George?"

"George?" He looked at Fred, only now noticing that George wasn't with them, "haven't seen him all morning... he isn't with you guys?"

"We haven't seen him either," Fred spoke now. The conversation between Lee and Fred continued, but Daisy couldn't bother to stay focused. Fred had to tell her when the champions were called down. She saw Cedric, who looked like he was gonna be sick. He gave her a shy wave, and they took their positions.

Dumbeldores voice boomed over the speaker, "Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts..." Daisy's eyes went wide, she looked at Fred to see he had the same look on his face.

"Oh my merlin..." Daisy muttered to herself.

Dumbeldore continued, "These five treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own."

Daisy was breathing heavily now. She looked at the faces of the other champions, Krum looked composed as usual, he smiled at her. She only nodded, she couldn't smile now, George was in danger. Cedric still looked sick, his face slightly green. Fleur looked panicked, like she had also figured out what - or more like who - was stolen from her. Harry was choking. Honestly at this point she didn't question it.

"You may begin at the start of the canon," Dumbeldore finished. Daisy quickly took the vial of blue liquid from her pocket and cringed at the bitter taste as it went down her throat. Her legs felt tingly, she felt lines form in her neck.

*BOOM*

Now, the only thing on her mind was George.