Chapter Thirteen: I'm Better

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my grandsons!" An older woman appeared behind them, together with Ms. Park, Jungkook's fiancée, finally. "Sana, you are here too." There, Dahyun realized the woman looked like Jungkook. It's his mom.

"Mrs. Jeon," Sana bowed her head as respect, and so did Dahyun.

"CEO Kim, we met again." Park Chaeyoung smiled a little. "Ah, mom, she is the CEO of MyouiFunding International."

"Is she? Why don't we eat together for dinner then? It looks like you are good friends." Well, none of them hopes something like that.

Dahyun looked at Sana with questioning eyes. She would only follow whatever decision the woman makes since she wants her to be comfortable. "Hmm?" The pale one sweetly hummed.

That's not a genuine smile when Sana said, "Okay—"

"NO," Dahyun quickly said, voice slightly raised, "We—uhm, actually, we are going to meet someone very, very important. WE have no time to waste, Sana-ssi," She widened her eyes, bumping her elbow onto the other woman's arm.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot." Sana fakely chuckled before she grasped on the end of Dahyun's sleeve, slightly pulling her.

"Is that so? Okay, then."

They do not know how they ended up sitting on a bench with canned beers in their hands. The two kids—they hold yogurt drinks, clanking it like how they see in the movies. Dahyun chuckled at the sight of that. "Are you drinking too?" She asked.

William and Bentley made the same sound as older people after taking a shot of soju. It made Sana and Dahyun laugh even more. "I'm drunk, mama," the youngest boy proudly said, thinking of it like something he had achieved after a long time.

Dahyun continued talking to the kids, playing along with their acts, and barely drinking what's hers. They shared so many laughs until she realized how quiet Sana was. "Are you okay?" She asked, but the woman did not answer. "You're already finished? Wow, you're a great drinker."

"Can't you slow down a bit? We have all night—" Dahyun sighed. It looks like Sana is getting wasted tonight, with her sons and their yogurt drinks. "Now I know where you boys got that."

An hour or so, "Is mommy heavy?" William asked while holding hands with Ben and holding the bottom part of Dahyun's shirt.

"Yeah, she's so heavy," The pale woman acted as if her knees are going weak just to make the kids laugh. "Can you carry her for me instead?"

"No, you carry all of us," Ben said before jumping and pulling Dahyun's arm.

"NO, NO, BEN, WE WILL FALL!"

Thanks to the heavens, they arrived safely back to their room. "I'm so exhausted," Dahyun breathed out after having Sana down on the bed. She stared at the woman for a while, and a smile immediately formed on her face. Oh, the things you do for love.

"Mommy is really pretty," William said while patting his mother's head lightly, just like how she used to do when he was younger.

"Yes, she's very beautiful." Dahyun agreed.

"I will sing her a lullaby,"

"What lullaby, Ben?"

The younger boy then stood up in the bed, "My shoulder, my head, my toes, my teeth," and so they burst out laughing.