Part I

*Alarm Buzzing*

        Today, July 4th is the first day of school at Junior High class. Waking up earlier than the usual she preparing her self for the opening ceremony at her new school. she woke up early because she want to visit her favourite place before went to school. staring her self at mirror once again to make sure there is nothing weird on her face and hair before start walking off from the house. as planned, she run to her favourite place where she can take a view on the city from above with cherry blossom tree at almost every city's corner, not to mention the green hills as background. Almost got left behind by the train, she run as fast as she can to the train station and barely made it she jumped inside. after seeing many girls at her age with same uniform, she start to tidy up her own uniform and hair before anyone notice the mess because of the run. In front of school's gate, her eyes locked on another girl who just came out from car like a princess.

        "The new school year ceremony will be held in the gymnasium. When you arrive, please quickly locate your assigned seat by number and be seated. Please remain quiet during this time. As students of this school, you are expected to behave accordingly." Home room teacher announced. While hearing her teacher giving information about the ceremony details and basic school rules, she noticed that the early girl she saw on same class with her and decide to look into class' mapping looking for her name.

        "'Kotori Asobi' that's her name" she thought. After the Opening Ceremony finished, she brace her self to greet "Kotori Asobi". she say "Hey! Umm..." while walking half running next to the girl. "What is it?" a simple answer given back to her and make her think what should she says next. "Uh.. um.. Oh right!Your height!" she know it's rather awkward response, but it's already spilled out. "You're sure are tall, that's so nice" she added. "I guess so" another short answer given out. While walking to their class she keep trying to keep their small conversation "'Kotori Asobi' means little birds playing" is a pretty unusual name". Her new friend chuckled with the explanation and explain how to spell the name "It's 'Takanashi', means 'no hawks'. It's pronounced 'Takanashi', 'Kotori Asobi' is how you write it" surprised by the explanation all she can do is just "Huh...?" and "Why is it pronounced 'Takanashi'?" she added later. "Well, there are 'no hawks' where 'little birds play'" her friend says. "'Takanashi Yomi', my full name" introducing her self properly. "I'm Kuroi Mato, you can call me 'Mato'"

        Short story, they become really best friend and set an appointment points so they could went to school and went home together. Mato joined basket ball club while Yomi choose volley ball, those two clubs also having same excercise building and make them able to meet more even though not at class or class break. At some occasion, they went to accesories shop. Mato secretly buy a phone strap similar with her phone strap. A little blue star with chain ornament, it looks like a blue comet with it's blue trails. At evening they went home and Mato asked Yomi if she still have spare time. Mato want to invite Yomi to her favourite place. Amazed with the view, Yomi become speechless. "You should stay here forever. I wouldn't want you to leave!" she said with sad tone. "Here, this is for you" while handing out phone strap she bought earlier. "I've got this one" as she show her own phone white it's strap to Yomi. "Thanks! I'll take good care of it" Yomi's reply with cheerful smile. They don't know what fate waiting for them in the future.

        Meanwhile, on club's activities Mato got accident. she injured her ankle a little. Her basket ball's team manager took care of her. somehow, it make Yomi feel unease. Once they reach second grade, they have separated classes. "We're in different classes now" Mato said with disappointed voice. "The classrooms are close though, an our clubs meet in the same place" she added trying to cheer her self. "We can still see each other on breaks, too" Mato keep trying even though she know it's not cheering her up. On class break, Mato standing outside Yomi's class waiting for her best friend. "How's your new class?" Mato asked. "I guess it's okay". Yomi replied with normal tone. "I don't really feel like a second year student" she added with sad voice. "Once the new club members join, the feeling will probably settle in" Mato tried to cheers Yomi. "Maybe" Yomi said with another normal tone."Did you get taller?" Yomi try to change the subject. "What? Really?" Mato said while trying to compare her height with Yomi's. "I'm still nowhere near your height, though" Mato complaint. "Hey, Yomi. Don't go getting any taller!" Mato with pouting face. Yomi giving a smile and says "I can't do anything about that"

        "Mato, got a second?" Mato's basket ball manager say. she reminding Mato about meeting for recruiting new students to join their club. Mato introduce Yuu, the manager to Yomi. Mato and Yuu getting closer since they now on same class and Mato start to forgetting about her friendship with Yomi. At some point, Mato start to invite Yuu to go home together with her self and Yomi but even though three of them going home together, Mato only talking to Yuu. With that, Yomi start to feel that she is not there. Until one day, Mato stop visiting Yomi at class break. When Yomi visit Mato, she saw her friend talking with Yuu cheerfully inside their class room. Yomi, who was feeling so close to Mato feel so sad and disappointed with Mato who forgot about her after got new friend. sad, hurt, disappointed, neglected, and upset. All of those feelings on Yomi's heart made her consumed by darkness.

        Mato feels like seeing something near her class room door, she don't know if Yomi was standing there before she disappear. After school hour, Mao waited Yomi at their meeting point, but she never come. When Mato asked one of volley ball's club member, she was told that Yomi had something to do, so she went home early. On the way home, Mato keep staring her cell phone. she want to text Yomi, but don't know what to say, she don't want to pick wrong word that could hurt Yomi. Deep inside, Mato feels worry. At night, she finally found the sentences 'What happened to you today? I didn't hear from you and I got worried, but don't worry about it. see you tomorrow!' and she sent it. Mato brought her phone to dinner, bath, and before she went to bed but no reply from Yomi. since Yomi didn't come at their meeting point, Mato text her again inside the train 'Good Morning!' she said on her text. Mato can't focus on class because there is still no reply from her friend. she visit Yomi's class after a while not coming there and found out that Yomi not coming to school. Until school hour finished, still no reply from Yomi.

        Mato feels her phone vibrating when she spacing out and took it out. she excited and read the notification but then she sighed because it's from her mom, not Yomi. 'Call me as soon as you finish school' writen on first line of her mom's text. But then, Mato's eyes locked into next few words. 'Takanashi', 'Police', 'Missing'. she grabbed her bag then dashed home, she couldn't think straight until she keep running without using the train to home. Once she got home, she saw two shoes belong to detectives who work for Yomi's family. "Yomi left for school in the morning and didn't come back. Upon further investigation, it seems she left school in the early evening. We don't have anything to go on from there, though. At present, we're still not sure whether she got involved in some incident, r if it was her intention to leave home" the older detective stated. "Yomi wouldn't run away" Mato argued. "Yes. It seems her parents said the same thing. They said they just don't understand. But.. just in case.. We know that you're Yomi's closest personal friend. Is there anything at all that you know that could help us?" younger detective asked while holding his notepad. "Yesterday, Yomi... We always go home together, but she wasn't there. One of the girls from the volleyball team said she had to go home early. I sent her a text message... but she didn't reply" Mato reply while crying.

        Day after day passed, but still no news about Yomi and Mato start to blaming her self for what was happened. After she got home, her phone vibrates. At first, she feel lazy to take her phone. But once she read the sender name 'Yomi', Mato got hyped and open the text. 'From Yomi - subject (None)' written on her phone screen. she confused and try to call Yomi but her phone is off or out of reach. Then Mato remember her favourite place which became Yomi's favourite place and she went there to check if Yomi is there. Disappointed, Yomi nowhere to be found but she saw something on the grass. she found the phone strap she gave to Yomi. "Yomi, where are you? What happened to you?" she said while holding Yomi's phone strap close to her chest. star on Yomi's phone strap start to shine when Mato hold it tightly before she disappear in the middle of nowhere.

        "You want to save that girl?" she heard a soft voice came from girl at her age floating in air with all black. Black coat, boots, belt, some kind of long gloves and long black-blueish. "she's someone for whom you care dearly. You're someone for whom she cares dearly" said the girl with blazing blue eyes. "Are you talking about Yomi? WHere is she? save her? No! I just want to be able to walk with her again! I want to be able to laught with her! I wan to see right now! Mato replied rapidly without giving chance to strange girl appeared in front of her. "I see" said the girl while decending make them now standing in same heights. "Who are you? Who.. are you? Mato ask confused and closes her eyes followed by the girl in front of her while they both start floating with dark ocean blue light on their foot. she, the strange girl introduce her self to Mato "I... I am.. "