𝟐𝟖- 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞

Author's note: Everyone's comments still make my day and night you're all too funny and kind. Thank you all for reading the story!

And yes to those asking we will see big brother Stain in the future :)

Flashback

"Don't cry. You didn't do anything wrong " Stain muttered as he entered your apartment through a window

"You killed someone again, they're going to catch you soon if you're not careful" You cried seeing your brother bleed on your floor

"Well, they don't listen when I preach to them so I have to do things the hard way"

You went over to a cabinet and grabbed your first aid kit, "You should let me come with you! You've trained me, let me be your lookout when you go out"

"No way I can't afford you getting hurt, I know I trained you but that's merely for self-defense," Stain said as he sat down for you to treat his wounds

You wiped the tears from your face and sighed, as you started cleaning the blood on your brother's arm with a cotton ball and alcohol, "I know this society is a sham, I just wish I could help you"

Stain held a laugh as he looked over at you, "You don't have what it takes to kill someone"

As you dabbed the cotton ball gently onto his arm you saw him wince, "You don't know that"

"You're a fighter, but not a killer" he chuckled

You sighed and started applying an ointment on his arm and finishing up by wrapping him with bandages, "You're right I don't want to kill anyone, but I want to make this society better"

"I was thinking of becoming a doctor, and open a place up where villains and outcasts can come to. And not have to go through what you're going through right now" you muttered

Stain smiled and snatched the hair tie you were wearing from your hair. Using it to tie his long black hair in a ponytail, "Now that sounds more like you"

You were about to stand up until he grabbed your arm, " Also [y/n], if I'm ever gone"

"Don't say that" you quickly muttered standing up and releasing your grip from him

"Listen to me carefully, if I'm ever gone, I need you to not look for me okay?"

You pouted and crossed your arms "But-"

Stain stood up and shook his head, "No buts. We already lost our parents, we can't afford to lose each other too"

"But what if I lose you" you pouted like a little kid, as you stomped over to the cabinet to put the kit back

Stain let out a gruff chuckle as he went over to the kitchen to grab a fruit, "Do you know who you're talking to? Trust me if I ever get taken I'll be back"

You scrunched your nose and tilted your head as you looked over to your older brother. He always knew what he was doing, and you never questioned him for it. Well you did, but in the end, you were always guided by blind faith, "Awfully confident are ya?"

"I can kill heroes before they have a chance to get on their feet, skills like that does wonders for a person's self-esteem"  he laughed biting into an apple

You exhaled feeling a sense of security, you always trusted your brother. Even when times were tough. But still, how could you not go look for your brother, "But-"