Adjusting yourself in your seat, you feel two fingers lightly tap your shoulder from behind. In an instant, you turn, and your eyes lock with Eren Jeager's. His eyes were a captivating turquoise, drawing you deeper and deeper into his gaze. Eren always had his long dark hair pulled back into a bun, but those few flyaways laid gracefully against his face. He was beautiful.

You hate to admit it, but you've had a crush on him since freshman year. Somewhere between then and now, that feeling had turned into annoyance, and you couldn't recall why. You shook the thought from your mind, focusing your attention back on him.

"Do you have a pencil I could borrow? I gave my last one to Historia just a moment ago," he reasoned, winking in her direction.

There it was, the very reason you forcibly denied ever having feelings for him.

Eren Jeager was the campus's biggest flirt. While being well educated, you still could never wrap your mind around why girls fell at his feet. Sure, he was dreamy, but the way he paraded around acting invisible was far from who you thought he would be. Still, you couldn't deny those eyes.

Without a word, you reach into your bag, pulling out an already sharpened number two pencil. His fingers brush against yours as you hand it over, sending chills to crawl down your spine.

"Thank you, Beautiful," he grinned.

Wide-eyed, you turn back facing the front. You feel your face redden from his remark, but you don't let it consume you, not yet. You have to focus.

"Your time begins now. Good luck, everyone."

Fuck.

-

Lunchtime rolls around, and you can begin to feel the tension in the air dissipate. The bell echoes throughout the halls as everyone makes their way to the cafeteria. Lunchtime was Sasha's favorite, and it was refreshing to see her back to her usual self. She put on a confident front every time there was a significant test, but even you knew she struggled. The way she would furrow her brows in confusion or scrunch her nose when she wasn't sure of an answer. It was clear as day, but she'd never let anyone know.

You quickly made your way through the line, heading toward your table, where you found all your friends already seated. Sasha, Armin, Connie, and Jean, the only people you needed to make it through the last few months of college. With the exception of your mother, of course. It'll be heart-sickening to part ways after graduation, but you knew each of them held such bright futures for themselves.

"Shut your mouth, horse face, here she comes," you overhear Connie's warning.

Everyone's eyes are glued to you as you take your seat, "Am I missing something?"

"Oh, nothing really, just overheard Eren asking around to see if you were going to the beach party tonight," Jean blurts.

"Jean!" they all shout. Connie, landing a punch to Jean's shoulder with bruising force.

"So?" you uttered, shoveling food into your mouth, "Doesn't he ask about all the girls when it comes to parties? I mean, come on, the guys a total player. It means nothing."

"Well," Armin chimes in quietly, "I've known Eren for years, and the way he looks at you is distinctively different from the way he looks at anyone else. We think... well, we think he kind of has a thing for you."

Everyone grows quiet, and you couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Guys, come on. You can't be serious right now. And Armin, you haven't hung out with Eren since highschool. How could you possibly know when he's being serious or not?"