Chapter 1

They say falling out of love is hard. I always agreed until I met him. It's crazy you can be with someone for years and then meet someone who makes you feel even better in two weeks. I never expected for this to happen. But now it's just him, me, and the long road ahead.

••••••••••••••••••••

I had just pulled into the driveway of my apartment ready to surprise my fiancée. I unlocked the door and looked around. No sign of him. I enter the bedroom and see his clothes gone.

I see a note on the bedside table and pick it up reading the words on it.

Dear Rose,

I have fallen in love with your best friend Emma. She makes feel young again and I can't keep hiding her. If you are reading this then that means her and I have ran away together. I hope you are happy for us.

- Love, Josh.

Tears ran down my cheeks. The man I trusted enough to give my heart too and the woman who was like a sister to me. They both betrayed me.

A month later the sadness was also anger. I had recovered a little.

I wobbled my way to the kitchen opening a cabinet. I looked for the alcohol I had there but realized I had drank it all. I checked the time. 11:48 PM. I quickly put on a hoodie and sweats with my sandals. I exited my apartment and got into my car, driving to the nearest club.

As I walked in music blasted in my ears. The room was full of different colored lights. I make my way to the bar and after a bit I had lost count of how many drinks I had.

The bartender cut me off and told me I should leave. I reluctantly agree and walk out of the bar.

I walk into an alley as I hear my phone beep. I grab it checking the text.

The text read, "Josh and Emma are getting married."

My heart drops and I fall to the floor on my behind. I sob uncontrollably.

"Are you alright?" I hear a man ask.

I ignored it and confused to let the tears fall hoping he would leave me alone. After a few minutes I start to calm down I look up and see a man sitting next to me. He seemed tall and had black hair a few strands hovered over his eye as he looked at me.

"What do you want" I ask as I wipe the tears that were left on my cheek.

"I heard a girl crying and saw you.." He told me.

"That's a little creepy."

"What was I going to do? Leave you alone in a dark alley crying?" He says sarcastically as he smiles.

I look away, "I'm sorry I'm just having a bad month."

"What happened?"

I flash a nervous smile, "It's a long story..."

He smiles kindly at me, "I got time."

I hesitate but eventually look down and tell him what had happened with my fiancée.

I look up and see him staring at me with a sad look.

He then gets up and extends his arm, lending me a hand, "Let me help you."

I put my hand in his and he helps me up, "How would you do that?" I ask.

"Let's make him regret he lost you!" He says as a goofy smile was plastered on his face.

"Okay.. what's the plan? I would love to hear it." I say sarcastically as I smile.

"We go on a road trip to where he went with the girl. We post pictures of us on the trip and if we arrive at where he was staying before he leaves for his wedding we can show him what he is missing there!" He tells me looking proud of himself.

"What if we get there and he left for the wedding."

He grins, "I knew you'd ask that! If he leaves for the wedding we simply show up."

I look away thinking about his plan, "That might work!"

His grin grows wider, "So it's a deal?"

I look at him suspiciously, "What do you get out of it?"

"A road trip buddy. So are we doing this?" He asks smiling as he extends his hand for me to shake.

I hesitate but shake his hand, "Let's do this."

A/N
This is the first chapter I hope you guys enjoy!