8 | Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

"Don't say that, Y/N."

Fred interjected, looking at you with a nervous smile, as he was thinking of the same thing. It was a lie if he said he was not worried about the things that you said. He was worried sick if you were not there during his and George's lives, when you were there for them almost their whole lives.

"What if I die?"

It came out as a whisper, but your best friends could hear you, and it shattered their hearts as they swallowed your wounding words. They stared at you for awhile, trying to figure out what to do, when George decided to ask you a question that you had never answer to anyone else.

"Who is he, Y/N?

You shook your head, wishing they would understand that you could not tell them, no matter how much you wanted to. George let out an exasperated sigh, moving his gaze from you towards his brother, who had a frown on his face. Fred pleaded you with his eyes, but you still kept your mouth shut.

"You have to tell us, Y/N."

"I can't."

Your voice broke, and the twins were starting to get angry with you. They wanted to save you, but it was as if you did not want to save yourself. 

"You need to tell us. You're dying because of him."

George's words fogged your mind, and you gritted your teeth, out of anger at yourself for being in love with someone who did not even care to love you.

"He's not guilty. He had his love, George."

They could not just listen to your imprudent words anymore. They were growing tired of hearing how broken you were, and now you were putting the blame on your shoulders for loving the wrong person. They looked at each other, and George gave a nod at his twin who could not wait any longer.

"It's Snape, isn't it?"

You were flabbergasted when Fred said the professor's name, and you quickly tore your gaze away from him, only making him feel proud to know that he was right. George put a hand on your shoulder, and you turned to look at him, tears blurred your vision.

"Just tell us, Y/N. We know it's him."

He spoke gently, not wanting to scare you away as you must had been shocked when they knew about it. You gave him a small smile and shrugged your shoulders.

"It's stupid, isn't it? I fell in love with a man who is far greater than me. He would never return my feelings."

It hurt them to hear those words from you, as they always wished nothing but happiness for you. It was painful for them to see their best friend being in sorrows, and they could not do anything to fix it. No one could help you but Severus Snape.

"You should tell him."

You chewed on your bottom lip, trying to hold back your tears as once again, people kept telling you to confess your love to a man who had no place in his heart for you. He just saw you as a student, the one that he would forget once you walked out of Hogwarts, and you wondered if he even realised that you were gone for a few days.

"Don't you understand? He will never love me. I know!"

George and Fred were taken aback with your outburst, never seen you so enraged and sad at the same time. They nodded and promised you not to tell a soul about your love, especially not to a man named Severus Snape.

- - - - -

Snape could sense something was wrong when he did not see you for a few days, and you did not attend his class today. It was baffling him when your friends did not know where you were, and he knew he had to find you himself. He could not wait any longer. It was killing him to wonder what happened to you without doing anything to discover it.

He was on his way to Dumbledore's office when he bumped into the Weasley twins who were looking glum and dejected, so unusual for them. His heart was telling him that the twins must had known something about you. They were your best friends.

Severus got even more suspicious when they spotted him, and they were panicking, muttering curses under their breaths as the Potions Master approached them with a stern look. George and Fred were always calm and collected, even if it was Snape who found them, but that day, the professor could tell something was bothering the red heads. 

"It's bloody Snape. What do we do?"

Severus would feel humoured to hear their words if he was not concerned about you. But now, his mind was focused to find out why you had been avoiding him for days.  

"Mr Weasley, what are you hiding from me?"

The twins looked at each other and sighed, knowing there was no way out of this. Severus cocked his eyebrow, waiting for their response. When they were quiet, he was getting impatient.

"If it is about Miss L/N, I need you to tell me about it. Now."

He threatened, glaring daggers at both George and Fred, hoping to intimidate them until they tell him where you were and what happened to you. They knew the professor would find his way into their heads if they did not tell him the truth, hence they had to oblige, having no choice as the professor was standing in front of them. Nodding their heads, Severus listened attentively to what they were telling him.

-
double update today for my lovelies :)