lxii. Eyes Locked, Hands Locked

Start from the beginning

Percy doesn't know what happened at the end as his girlfriend didn't want to spoil anything but he could still hear her words in the silence of his bedroom. You can't change what's already written...

Percy's sea-green eyes flickered and sat upright in his car, grabbing a blank piece of paper to write. He shook his head and reminded himself that Valentine's Day was tomorrow and that he doesn't have anything planned for Annabeth and him. Percy needed to come up with something quick.

Percy groaned and crumbled up another piece of line paper, throwing it into his blue trash can in the corner of his room. He watched as the crumpled-up paper made it into the trash along with the rest of the other pieces of papers that Percy had thrown away out of frustration.

He hadn't come up with anything for his date with Annabeth, and it was already nighttime. His mind was so occupied by Elle's letter that Percy had to shove it away underneath his bed or else.

Maybe Elle had doused the letter with her strawberry perfume because his room smelled like her strawberry perfume, and it was making his mind intoxicated like Percy was trapped underneath her love potion...

"Ugh," Mumbled Percy, rubbing his temples. "I don't know what to do..."

He ran his fingers through his black hair that looked blue in the reflection of the light—well, that's what Annabeth had told before. Percy rested his elbows on the table, looking at his blank expression in the window.

From the reflection in the mirror, Percy could see False God shimmered on his bed. Percy rolled in his chair and picked up the book—he examined the back where the blurb was.

"We were crazy to think-crazy to think that this could work out."

Well, isn't that somber? Thought Percy, snorting. He had high hopes for the main couple in the story. Read sarcastically.

Percy placed the book onto the table and scooted closer to his desk. He bit his lips, tapping his blue pencil on the table.

In the distance, he could see the sign of Diana's Moonstruck glowed against the night sky, and he furrowed his eyebrows. He blinked—it was like it had stuck him in the mind as Percy had a clear idea of what to do for Valentine's Day.

Percy grabbed a piece of blank paper and quickly wrote down Diana's Moonstruck onto the paper. That's where they'll go for lunch and for the rest of the day...Percy still needed to figure that out.

He had moved from planning his date with Annabeth to reading False God. Percy didn't plan to read the book, but the first chapter was so well written that he got addicted.

He was on Princess of New York, which was in the first act. It was a long book, and he has already been reading for the past hour or so. Percy grinned like an idiot from reading the pages.

"If I am princess-you're my prince."

He could remember Annabeth squealing and smothering him with kisses when she read this chapter with him—at that time, he was too busy messing with Annabeth's blonde hair to pay any attention.

Percy placed a bookmark at King Of My Heart and closed the book. He sighed and went back to looking at his list, determined to finish his schedule for tomorrow—maybe, he should just watch and see what happened tomorrow...?

His head snapped toward the door, hearing it opened. His little sister peeked into the room and quietly closed the door behind her.

"Hey Este," Smiled Percy. "Is there something you need?"