11....the aftermath

[your pov]

    “Kirishima, I thought you said he was quirkless!” Azaiwa shouts. 

“I thought he was! But in the store it only seemed like he had a mind reading quirk!” kirishima says nervously. 

He looks at Aizawa in the eyes and you can feel Jin’s powerful aura. Jin watches his opponent get into a fighting stance. Jin sighs and that's when something strange happens. Aizawa backs off. It was so strange to see someone so strong back down so easily. Jin takes a step towards him and he falls back. Almost in the same way you did when you saw your mother. 

    Jin leans down and whispers something in his ear. Azawai’s expression of worry and annoyance, quickly changed into an expression of fear and terror. He’s whispering, ‘I’m sorry...I’m sorry..” over and over again. He started to cry. Not hard, but he was crying, and that crying slowly turned into a screaming sob.

    “I’m sorry I couldn’t save you!” Aizawa yelled through sobs. You look at Jin who looked saddened by the man before him. The others that came with him looked shocked. But you knew what was happening. Jin used his submission quirk, and then used his nightmare quirk.

    It was dark out. But it was still light enough to see. You make eye contact with Jin and nod slightly. You look over his shoulder and see that Vlad King is sending a stream of blood towards Jin’s back. You activate your quirk and your eyes glow as you make him back down.

“Y/n wait! Im sorry! I was just-” kirishima starts..but you finish for him.

    “Trying to help?” you ask. You look at the pitiful Aizawa, still keeping your quirk focused on Vlad King. “Kirishima. I don't want your help. Can't you see that you trying to help is what started all of this?”

    Kirishima stands there in silence for a moment, “Y/n….I really do have feelings for you. And I want nothing more than for you to come back to UA with us, safe and sound.” he says. 

“Jin, lets go.” you say. He nods and activates his dark wings quirk. He swoops in your direction and scoops you up in his arms, carrying you like a princess. You hold onto his neck, keeping your quirk activated making sure that none of the other staff interfere with your escape.

As soon as you couldn't see them, you deactivated your quirk. You feel saddened. And you wanted to cry, but you had no more tears.

“Jin….what was his nightmare?” you asked. You tighten your hold around his neck. You look up at Jin. he stayed silent for a moment.

“His wasn’t a nightmare...it was something that he had failed to do, so it just haunts him. It was past trauma that he had.”

“What was it?” you asked again. He looked sad once again.

    “He failed to save his best friend. When he was in hero training. He died from a villain attack and he wasn’t able to get to him in time.” he explains. 

“That's horrible…” you say in a weak and quiet voice. Jin nods and the rest of the way to his apartment it was quiet. 

    When we got to his apartment we sat down on the couch in silence. You scratch at your scabbed over cuts, as an anxious habit.

    “Stop that.” Jin says, putting his hand on yours, so that you would stop moving, “You know the rules, Y/n. As long as you're with me I don't want you hurting yourself. And even when you're not with me, you promised that you would try your hardest to stop.” 

You look away, and pull away from his touch, “I know…”

    “I know it's hard...not in the same way you do, but I can only imagine what it's like…” he says pulling you into a hug.

    “Did...did you hear Kirishima?” you ask hesitantly. You can almost sense Jins discomfort and annoyance towards the question. 

    “Yeah….i heard him.” he starts, “he likes you Y/n. and you like him. But how do you think that you and him could work out? You're on the run. A-and he tried to ambush you! How do you actually know if his feelings are real or not!? I-it could just be a lie. And what if you get hurt by him. What...what if-” Jin argues.

    You can’t help but giggle slightly. You look up at the upset and fluster teen in front of you. You hug him. “Don't worry, Jin.” you say softly, “I’m not going anywhere. So you don't need to worry.”

    “Thank you..” he whispers, pulling you farther into his embrace.

        [a/n: sorry for the short chapter. And sorry it's been awhile since i last updated. I've had major writers block lately. But thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you’re enjoying it! I’m going to try and update soon]

Word count: 834