☾ 09. 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙨

Start from the beginning

He watched, noticing how a crowd had gathered and were bulk-purchasing most of her flowers. Was it out of sympathy? He wasn't sure. But he could listen to those who spoke goodwill of her, but there were those who pitied her.

A little too much.

Then came the time for her to have her fill. She stood up, about to head out to get some food. He wanted to follow, but the way the streets were brightly lit he knew he couldn't. But watched as someone else came up to her, having what seems to be food being held out to her and some drinks.

"Here, [name]. This is for you," but he noticed how [name]'s body had tensed up. He shifted slightly to have a better look, and his eyes widened as he recognized the same man who tried to poison her back then.

Ryuu.

"Eh? Ryuu...? Why are you here? I heard you were supposed to be on a mining expedition?" she whispered out, hesitantly reaching out to accept the food and drinks, knowing well if she didn't he would start an act right then.

"Oh? Nah, that work isn't suitable for me. Come on, eat up. It's all your favourite," and [name] gripped the box tightly in her hands, wanting to throw it away as the scent of poison was strong. Till she felt someone grabbing hold of the box from her and yanking it out from her hands.

How the sound of something burning was heard and she knew all too well who it was. Some were whispering about how a man appeared from the alleyway, yet unable to see his features.

"Leave..." Kokushibo's voice was heard as he crushed the box easily in his hand. Ryuu's eyes widened at what happened before he quickly turned to run away, and soon a crowd was swooning over to where [name] was.

"[name]-chan! Who was that?! He saved you! Is that your lover?" questions were thrown towards her and she laughed, turning as she reached out for Kokushibo before ushering him back into the alleyway. The folks watched as she had crossed her arms against her chest despite looking in the wrong direction.

How she was speaking about he shouldn't be doing that. But soon they couldn't hear what she was saying as she started to whisper, her hands finding their way to the hand of Kokushibo that was burning away slowly.

"Please... Go home... Do something... Don't let yourself burn away," she whispered out as she could feel the intense heat coming from his skin. He remained silent, noticing the way her lips trembled and he reached out, placing his other cold hand upon her cheek.

"Okay," he whispered out, thumb playing with her cheek a little before he walked deeper into the alleyway. How he hesitantly turned to look and watched as she returned to the front, trying her best to explain who he was.

.
.

She fiddled with her fingers, unsure of what to feel. She was home alone in the slightly run-down estate, how Kokushibo was not with her. All she could feel was worrisome invading her senses as she came home to an empty household.

Panicked rose through her mind as she thought of the worst-case scenarios. What if the burning didn't stop and he was no longer in this world? He saved her, yet he was take away from her.

She didn't want that. It was comforting with him around, knowing that she would be safe. Maybe she was being reliant on him, but who could blame her when she was alone most of the time, seeing nothing but darkness.

Constantly getting mistreated by those who found her to be a waste of space.

She tried to calm herself down as she held onto the bouquet of flowers that her older brother loves. Whispering to herself for the Upper Moon One to appear before her so that she would know he was alright.