"I know. What you did was embezzlement."

Brown's face paled instantly. His eyes and mouth were frozen wide open in a stunned expression, and when Edon dragged him out, he shouted angrily.

"Let go of me now! Do you even know who I am? I am the heir to the family of Marquis Hamel! You'll regret doing this, so let go of my hand!"

He must have been brought up with the belief that he was superior to everyone else just by virtue of his birth—such arrogance.

Edon didn't pay any mind to his words and dragged him out straight away. When the chief servant was suddenly taken away, the atmosphere of the Crown Prince's palace became thrown into disarray. But instead of calming the atmosphere down, I drove the momentum further and fired another batch of people in the palace.

When Blake was ousted from the Crown Prince's post, most courtiers betrayed him and sided with the male lead, Richard. There was no need to leave future traitors around.

I fired all those who looked down on Blake, despised him, were disloyal, or had betrayed him in the original story.

"All the servants and maids were chosen by the Emperor himself. I wonder if it's okay to do this..."

The maid, Melissa, was worried. In the original story, she devoted herself to Blake along with Edon and Hans.

I answered immediately without any worries.

"It's okay."

The Emperor wouldn't blame me. I was confident about that.

"How would you like your meal?"

"I'll make today's dish."

"Pardon?"

Dismissing the courtiers, I checked the warehouse. The warehouse had a variety of healthy ingredients, including eastern ingredients. As expected, the chief servant Brown stole a huge chunk of the budget, but he didn't order the kitchen to reheat the dinner we had last night. It was the cook who did that. So I dismissed all the chefs who looked down on the Crown Prince and neglected him.

Suddenly, I found an unexpected treasure. Soy sauce, soybean paste, and red pepper paste!

Not only were there many kinds of spices, but also all sorts of ingredients. I couldn't believe that they fed us vegetables every day instead! I rolled up my sleeves in anger.

***

In the Crown Prince's palace, most people feared or despised Blake for being the heir to the curse. Blake knew that, so he rarely ever came out of his bedroom.

These days, I took him out for short walks around the palace and drove away all the irrelevant things that made my husband uncomfortable. After I finished preparing the meal, I called Blake to the dining room. The moment he slid into his chair, I served him a Soybean paste stew, rice and meatballs.

"Ta-da!"

I didn't make any extravagant dishes because I only knew the essential recipes. Moreover, it was challenging to find the right taste as that of a Korean soybean paste stew. But none of that mattered, as it was the effort that counted.

"..... What's this?"

"It's a dish from the East! I saw it in a book. I just happened to find these ingredients in the warehouse, so I made a dish out of them!"

"You made it yourself?"

"Yes, your highness."

"Wow..."

Blake sat down in the chair with a look of amazement. Then, he looked at the dish for a long time and asked timidly.

"...But, how do you eat it?"