Melody - Lukanette

Start from the beginning

"No! No, no, just you and me!"

His eyes widened, and he didn't how to respond.

"Like-" He felt his cheeks getting hot, "Like a date?"

"Uh- yes! I want to make it up to you... O-only if you want to though!"

Of course, he wanted to, he'd wanted to take her on an actual date since the day he'd met her. Not because she needed a favor, or something band-related, or a group hangout... just by themselves.

He cleared his throat, "Yeah, that sounds fun. When?" He tried to sound as cool as possible, but he was glad she couldn't see him through the phone, grinning like crazy.

"Today? At... at six?"

"Okay, sounds good. Want me to meet you at your place?"

"O-okay. See you then!" She abruptly hung up the phone.

He looked down at his phone still smiling. Then he looked back at his notebook and frowned. What if this was just another no-show? He couldn't even fathom thinking about it.

"Who was that?"

He jumped, startled, and looked to his doorway, "Do you knock, Jules?"

Juleka stared at him waiting for an answer.

"It was... Marinette."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

"Yeah."

She smiled, "Luka, your excitement is overwhelming!"

He rolled his eyes, "It just... almost seems too good to be true."

She walked over, puzzled, and sat down on his bed, "How so?"

"It was just 5 minutes ago that I was feeling more heartbroken than I'd ever felt before," He traced the lines in his palms, "I mean can you get over someone in just a few weeks? What if... there's something she's not telling me? She's bailed on every date we've tried to set up, how is this any different?"

She shook her head, "I don't think it's Adrien."

"What?"

"Luka, I'm Marinette's friend. She means a lot to me... I'm telling you something is wrong."

He looked at her, his curiosity getting the best of him.

"She hasn't hung out with us in weeks. Hasn't spoken to any of the guys from what we've seen... she's barely texted us this week."

He didn't know what to say. That was so unlike her, so out of character. He couldn't even begin to understand what might be going on.

"Luka, you're the only person she's been talking to... from what I could gather." She placed her hand on his shoulder, "She needs you. Even if she has a bad way of showing it."

He looked down at his hands, having no idea how to respond.

"You better show up. I just want my friend back... and I'm sure you want her back too." She looked at him sympathetically, "Am I wrong?"

He shook his head, "No." He wanted her back so badly. He just wanted to teach her guitar, to laugh with her, to look at her again.

He missed her.

She exasperated, "Look don't take my word for it." She stood up, "How about you go on that date, and ask her yourself. She tells you everything doesn't she?"

That's what he used to think, "Thanks, Jules."

"Yep," She walked out the door.

But he wasn't so sure that she'd tell him what was wrong. This seemed deeper than any of her other problems... more severe.