BLIND

She poured herself another cup of coffee. It was 9:30pm and she was sure there was more time to wait. She sat by the window and picked up her book. She continued reading but she was just going through the motions. She had no idea what the book was about. She could only make out scenerios in her head about him and what he was doing out so late at night. She knew what he was up to.  And he knew that she knew. But they played this game for the world to see. She couldn't help let out a few tears wondering where they went wrong.

Alvaro Morata was her prince charming one day.  He rescued her from her parents strict lifestyle and married her. They were so in love, once upon a time….

Three years later she's sitting at home every other night waiting for him to come home. Usually, putting up with his alcohol breath and smelling of perfume and roses at 1am. But sometimes, he would hold her tight. And sometimes, he would make love to her like the first times.

She was never sure if he was aware it was her, or thought it was another woman. But she liked to think he was in love with her still. At least, for those few moments, she felt secured and protected by him.

Oh, she loved him still and very much indeed. She would give anything for him. But that same love was her mistake. She had put him over herself and was now paying the price.

..

..

..

She woke up at 12:30am by the sound of someone fumbling at the door. She opened it to find him there, standing.  He was holding the keys in one hand, a bouquet of roses on the other. His white shirt was sloppy, semi unbuttoned and untucked from his black slacks. His hair was so messy. But his eyes were bright and aware. He smiled half heartedly, like a man who knows he's been doing wrong but manages to feel sympathy for his wife. He handed her the roses. "I'm sorry I'm late honey." He blurted, reeking of alcohol. She took the bouquet and walked to the kitchen where she placed them in a vase with water. He walked up behind her, grabbing her by the waist as she let out a few tears.

He turned her to face him and for a second she wanted to yell. She wanted answers. She wanted to know his true feelings. But mostly she wanted to leave.

But he wiped her tears. "Don't leave me." He pleaded, as if reading her mind. "Don't leave me, please." He started sobbing. "You're all I have. I'm sorry. Don't leave me."

Her heart broke seeing him break down like that. She placed both palms on his face and looked at him straight in the eye, trying to find answers. He stared back, as if trying to give them to her. A few seconds felt like an eternity as they blurted out every feeling in silence. Then he kissed her so passionately. A kiss that felt like heaven to her.

She was so immersed by it, she tuned everything else off. And for that moment, nothing else mattered to her. Not his breath, nor the time, nor the stain on his shirt collar. Just the fact that she had him there, in her arms was enough for her.

The kiss slowly turned desperate on both parts. He needed her, just as much as she yearned for him. He picked her up and sat her on the dining table, their mouths not gasping for air, his hands all over her body.

She loved him.

And somewhere deep inside, she was sure he loved her too.