20...is this ok?

[Your pov]

You looked up at the petals that were slightly swaying in the light breeze, with a smile. Your eyes begin to water slightly, as you smile.

    “Kirishima… look at how pretty,” you repeated in a softer tone. You looked over at him with your shiny eyes and smiled at him. It was so overwhelming. Everything looked so beautiful, soothing. For you, the blossoms were like a mothers touch. You loved them. Everything about them. Ever since you were a little girl. You send him another soft and bright smile.

    His heart melted. That smile was for him. That was a smile that he put on your face. A real smile. It was absolutely beautiful. And the way you looked while you admired them was absolutely breathtaking. 

    “You look more beautiful than any blossom on any of these trees, Y/n.” he says softly, his eyelids relaxed and his smile soft. 

    You blush not knowing how to react to the complement, “Th-thank you Kiri…” you say shyly and tuck your hair behind your ear. 

    You walk over to the trunk of the tree and plop yourself onto the large patch of grass underneath it. You lay down flat on your back taking in a deep breath and letting it out as a long sigh.

    “Hmm…..” you huff, “I love the smell of grass….” 

Kirishimam giggled at your childish display and sat down next to you. He gives you another soft smile and you return it. This is the most alive and happy he’s seen you. And it's the happiest and most alive you’ve felt in a while.

    “Kiri….look at the petals...their color is so amazing… no one could ever paint a picture using all those different shades of pink and white and make it look as beautiful as this,” you say to him and close your eyes.

    “Yeah…. It really is something, huh?” he answers.

You lay there in silence for a moment, before rolling over and probing your head up on your hand, with your elbow digging into the grass.

    “Hey Y/n...I’ve been meaning to ask..” he started, “Why didn't you ever hang out with anyone before..like, I only just realized after thinking about it really hard. I always remember you being..or acting really happy in front of everyone. And you always seemed to be the first person everyone went to if they needed help. But you never really...I don't know; talked to any of us,” he pointed out.

    You look down at your hands and pick a blade of grass to fumble with, “Umm…. Im..not really sure how to answer that,” you said awkwardly.

    “O-oh! I mean...you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I didn't mean to pry,” he said looking away.

    “No, it's ok…” you sigh, “I mean. The simplest way to put it would be…” you trailed off trying to think.

    “It’s like...well, I've always tried to avoid making friends,” you mumble, “Everyone would always walk out of my life like i meant nothing. All throughout elementary and middle school and even outside of school. Everyone always left me behind. Everyone except for Jin…” you said. Kirishima flinched at the name you had just left your mouth. 

    “Why…. not all people will leave. And it's not healthy to have no friendships,” he says in a concerned and confused tone.

    “Well, yeah I figured that,” you awkwardly giggled, playing with a petal that had fallen on the ground, “But it's just so much easier to close people out and cut the ties before they do...I think it's better to avoid that heartache by not getting attached to something or someone that’s bound to leave your life.” you say, sighing, “It’s easier to push people away before they have a chance to hurt you,” you say glancing up at Kirishima.