21....Overwhelmed

“Kirishima..I-” you started. You put your hand on his, and he opened his eyes and looked at you. You opened your mouth to say something, “I rea-” you started.

“Oi!” a voice shouted, ripping through the relaxing atmosphere that you and Kirishima had somehow created. 

Kirishima turned his head quickly and you followed his actions only to see the infamous Bakugou walking your way. 

“What they hell are you idiots doing,” he huffed. Kirishima blushed and you looked away.

“We were just talking. I thought that Y/n could use some fresh air so I brought her to the garden,” he explained standing up. He looked down at you and put out his hand. You put your hand in his and he helped you up. You stumble a bit, so he helped you to the wheelchair.

    “Well, the rest of the class wanted to come visit to see how she was doing,” Bakugou sighed. 

    “O-oh, uhh…” you say quietly, looking down at your knees.

“Hey, we don't have to go if you don't want to Y/n. if you’re not ready it's ok,” Kirishima said, putting hand on your shoulder. His touch was comforting and you just wanted to lean into his grasp.

    “No… its ok,” you say shaking your hand, already feeling the anxiety creeping in. Your stomach twisted in an all too familiar way, and your chest tightened.

    “Ok then…”Kirishima started to push you wheelchair back down the path, and followed bakugo.

    “They're all back in your room. One of the nurses said that you went out to the garden, so I came to get you,” Bakugou said and continued to walk.

    “Y/n...they were all really worried when they saw...um,” Kirishima rubbed the back of his neck as he waited for Bakugo to find the right wording. 

    “It’s ok… you don't need to say it. I already know how worried they are,” you mumble out, picking at your cuticles. 

    The rest of the walk was mostly silent, as you were being wheeled back into the halls of the hospital and back to your room. You tried desperately to distract yourself from what your classmates might think, now that you were in a whole so deep. Your eyes flew all over the place. Trying to keep your composer and stay calm, trying to ignore the urge to cry and the building lumb in your throat. You tried to count the amount of steps that the two boys were taking, or how many doors there were on each side of the hall.literally anything to keep yourself from worrying about what was behind that door. But it totally backfired. Not only did it make you feel even more anxious, but it sent you right to the close edge of a panic attack.

    As soon as you were close to the door, Kirishima noticed how anxious you were getting. How heavy and choppy your breathing was becoming. He looked over at Bakugou who refused to meet his gaze.

    As soon as you were in front of the door, you could hear your classmates voices on the other side. 

    “W-wait….” you whispered as bakugo went to grab the door knob.

“Did you change your mind? It's fine if you do, I can tell them to leave, we can come back another time when you're ready,” Bakugo said in a surprisingly quiet voice.

    “N-no...Im ok, I just need a minute..I just-” you felt like you were going to throw up.

“Y/n...don't push yourself. It's ok, they'll understand,” Kirishima looked down at you and got down to your level, and he cupped your face in the warmth of his hand, “Its ok if you're not ready to talk to them yet.”