8. ᴀʀʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ

Start from the beginning

"It is my job to make sure that you're okay. And so yeah, this may be slightly unprofessional, but it's the only way that I can see if you're getting over whatever's eating at you", Raynor explained to the two while Thalia leaned back on the back two legs of her chair looking at the ceiling.

"This is ridiculous", Sam commented, "Yeah, I agree", Bucky sighed calmly.

"See? Making progress already. So who wants to go first?", she asked them again.

"No volunteers? Wow, how surprising. Okay", she leaned forward, "We're going to do an exercise. It's something I usually do with couples when they're trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together. Are you familiar with the miracle question?" Thalia finally lost it and burst out laughing and lost focus of her chair so she fell back with a squeal.

"Shit!"

"Absolutely not."

"Of course not."

When Thalia finally got back up and situated she sighed, "I am" the three looked at her. "What I watch TV", she shrugged as she leaned back in her seat.

"Okay, it goes like this. Supposed that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs. When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?", the woman asked the two men.

Bucky looked at Sam annoyed, "In my miracle, he would- he would talk less."

Sam looked at him, "Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn't that ironic?"

Bucky smirked at what Sam said while the therapist looked at them, "You guys leave me no choice. It's time for the soul-gazing exercise."

Bucky pointed his finger at her, "I like this one."

"Oh, god, he's gonna love this", Sam smirked as he looked at Bucky.

Thalia clapped a hand over her mouth as she tried to hide the laughter. "Yeah, I'm ready", Bucky said.

"This is right up your ally."

Dr. Raynor looked at them as she gestured for them to turn to each other, "Turn around, face each other."

Sam looked at the other man, "You should really enjoy this."

Bucky smirked lightly as he looked at Sam and then at Thalia, "I'm going to."

"I know you are."

"Yeah."

"Sam, face each other", Thalia remembered her friend as she chuckled, Sam gave her a death stare as he turned to Bucky.

"Let's do it. Let's stare", Bucky let out amused.

The therapist looked at them, "All right, get closer." The two pulled their chairs a bit towards each other.

"A little closer."

"Which way you want to go?", Bucky asked him at the same time Sam asked, "Right or left?"

"Why're your legs open?"

"You know what? Fine, here", Sam pulled Bucky closer by his chair. Their legs touching each other completely, Thalia raised one of her eyebrows as she whistled.