chapter 31 | firefly

Start from the beginning

"Firefly," I said a little louder.

"H-help m-me," she begged.

I got up from where I was sitting and sat next to her. "Firefly," I said as I helped her sit on the bed. "Look, it's just me," I put the pillow behind her back for support. "Your at home," I said as she slowly opened her eyes.

I tried to go get her water but she held onto my hand. "P-please d-don't l-leave me," she pleaded and I nodded. I pulled the chair closer to the bed and sat beside her.

"Do you want water?" I asked and she shook her head. "Are you hungry?" I tried again and she shook her head again. "Can you eat a little bit?" I asked and the same response.

She looked straight ahead looking completely lifeless. The light in her eyes disappeared. Her smile was non-existent. Her positive attitude left. She wasn't talking anymore.

"It's not good for your health," I spoke up again but it seemed as if she wasn't even here. The tears were still on her face and I tried to wipe them. But, she flinched covering her face with her hands. "I'm sorry,"

She brought her legs to her chest and wrapped her hands around them. She rested her face on top, looking in my direction but lost in her thoughts.

"I'll go get some food for you," I said quietly but she wasn't even listening to anything. I got up and left the room. I rushed down the stairs to t try and make something for her. Settling on some waffles, I quickly made them.

I took out my phone from my pocket and called Connor.

"How did I get the pleasure of you calling me first?" he joked as he picked up.

I rolled my eyes "Shut up. Come back, right now" I ordered.

"What?" he asked confused. "I still trying to get the information,"

"I don't give any fucks. Fuck the dumb information, I'll send someone else to go," I yelled. "Come to my penthouse by night,"

"But, isn't this important?" clueless motherfucker.

"I would recommend you to stop questioning your own capo," I threatened. "Come straight to me penthouse by night," I concluded and ended the call.

I texted Dante to let him know he will be going. I slammed my phone on the kitchen counter before going upstairs with the plate of waffles in my hand and a glass of water.

I know having Connor here will help firefly. I will probably lose out on a lot of information but she is more important.

Please don't let the light from her eyes disappear.

I opened the door to see her laying in the same position she was in before. I went around the bed and sat down on the chair. I put the water on the nightstand. I cut the waffle into a smaller piece before placing it on the fork. "Firefly,"

She blinked and brought her face up. She looked around taking in her surroundings before looking at me. "Here," I said as extended my arm to feed her.

She shook her head "You have to eat a little bit,"

"Please," I pleaded. She opened her mouth slowly and I placed the waffle piece in her mouth. She looked at me while eating with her mouth closed.