Chapter One

On a frigid fall evening, three recently reconnected friends decide to join together at a rental cabin in the mountains. It's been years since the three have hung out in person, but over the past few weeks they had been in contact in a group chat catching up on life's adventures. 

Juliana and Tyler  arrive relatively close to each other, while Rachel is running behind because she has to work a bit later than she planned. Julie and Tyler start unpacking their luggage and getting settled in. On the tin roof of the cabin, Julie and Tyler  start hearing the pitter patter of a light rain. They think nothing of it, it's just rain right? The two continue settling in. Changing from traveling clothes to more comfortable attire for the evening. The two make their way to the commons areas of the cabin, Julia mentions that she's a bit chilly, so Tyler begins working on starting up a fire. Both of their phones ding at the same time.

It's Rachel, she txt the group chat and lets them know that she is not able to make it up the pass that leads to the cabin. CHP has the highway closed due to weather conditions and she's unsure when they will reopen as CHP has no plan on reopening the highway.  Sad but understanding Tyler gets the fire going and they decide to make some dinner.

As they are right in the middle of making their dinner, the power shuts off completely. There's no power to the whole entire cabin. No lights. No heater. The only thing for warmth is the fire. And the only lighting they have is their cellphones. But to be sure to conserve their battery they only use it as needed. And just incase  Rachel is able to head up the mountain. They set up beds on the floor in front of the fire as it would be the warmest area in the cabin. The fire is roaring, it's cozy in their little area that they set up for themselves.

As the fire is dying down a little, Julie gets a little chilly so naturally she inches closer to Tyler to gain some warmth. As the night continues the fire continues to die out, only leaving glowing hot embers in the fire place. As the fire dies down, Julie moves closer and closer to Tyler. Eventually she is right up against him. He wakes up to her cuddled against him. This wakes Tyler up, sees that the fire is dying and needs some wood. The slightest move wakes her, she groggily asks him "where are you going?" He replied "the fire is just about dead, and if I don't feed it we could very well freeze to death" she lets out a slight grunt of discomfort "well hurry back, I was comfy and finally warm" she replies.

He throws the last of the logs on the fire and checks if Rachel sent any updates on the road closure. She has not sent any updates so he gets back into bed. Immediately Julie Scoots right in to cuddle him. She's embraced by him, she lets out a soft sigh.

As she scoots in, she begins to slightly and intentionally wiggle herself and rub up on him. He's fighting the urge to notice, telling himself that it's unintentional and not to think too much into it