𝟐| 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey replies.

"Oh, it's very good, then." Thor lies, laughing slightly. "It's impressive."

"Yeah, it's great." Y/n adds with a smile, trying to be polite.

Rhodey nods. "Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No." Tony responds.

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria asks.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony replies.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor explains.

"And a company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony adds, making Rhodey, Y/n, and Maria share a look.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize." Thor adds.

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together." Y/n nods with a teasing smile, which was exchanged with Maria.

"Testosterone!" Maria pretends to cough.

"Oh, my goodness. Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asks as the three start walking away from the two.

"But Jane's better." Thor whispers.

"So what about you, sweetie. Any boys caught your eye?" Maria asks, both her and Rhodey looking at Y/n as they rested themselves on the couch, away from the billionaire and the god.

"Oh, no." Y/n laughs slightly, shaking her head.

"Really? Not anyone?" Rhodey questions.

"Well... there was this one boy." Y/n slowly admits.

"Oh! Tell me!" Maria exclaims with a smile.

Y/n laughs, shaking her head. "I haven't seen him in years. We grew up together with his  sister. We..." Y/n slowly trails off, thinking of the boy. "We were in HYDRA together. I haven't seen him since mom rescued me."

Maria places her hand on the girl's arm while Rhodey clears his throat. "I'm sorry, sweetie."

"But, hey, maybe one day you'll see him again." Rhodey adds with an encouraging smile.

Y/n just nods in response, thinking of just a few days ago she saw him in that forest on their mission. Little did they know...

She was talking about Pietro Maximoff.

~

After the party near the end of the night, everyone had left all except for the team, Dr. Cho and Maria. Y/n sat with Maria as her mother talked to Bruce, happily conversing with the agent beside her.

"But it's a trick." Clint says to Thor from her other side, referring to Mjolnir.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor replies.

"'Ah, whosever be he worthy of shall haveth the power'." Clint imitates Thor's deep voice. "Whatever, man! It's a trick."

Thor laughs. "Please, be my guest." Thor gestures to his hammer. Everyone goes quiet as they stare at Clint.

"Come on." Tony pushes.

"Really?" Clint asks.

"Yeah." Thor nods.

Clint stands up as Rhodey speaks. "Oh, this is gonna be beautiful."

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony reassures, making them all laugh.