27.... I get it

[your pov]

It was working. You don't know how, but it was. Your thoughts slowly started to collect themselves. Your breathing was slowly starting to become sturdy, still a hiccup every few breaths. 

    “Hey.. you’re ok...I’ve got you,” he says, “You’re ok…”

The room started to feel less crowded, your breath became slow, leaving the lump in your throat to become hard to swallow. Your breath slowed down, and the throbbing in our head calmed down.

    He continued to hush you and rock you. After about 20 minutes of this, you were mostly calmed down.

    You sat there in his arms quietly, occasionally sniffling and letting out a stuttered intake of air, and an occasional cough. 

    “Hey….are you ok?” he asks, pulling you away from his body to look at you. You shakily nod your head and sniffle. He helps you up and gently places you back on the bed, reaching for a box of tissues that was displayed on a nearby table. He hands them to you and you blow your nose and wipe your eyes. You sit there in silence for a few minutes.

    “Are you sure you’re ok…?” he asks again. You nod.

You look around and notice that the redheaded boy that is usually at your side is nowhere to be found.

    “Where’s Kirishima?” you asked. Bakugou let out a sigh.

“I told him to go back to the dorms and rest. He was here with you so long, Y/n. he literally never fucking left. He hadn't showered, he’d barely slept, and he wasn't eating very well,” he explained, “I told him to go and he was just being so damn stubborn. But he was a mess. You don't even know,” he smiled.

    “It took a lot of convincing but he finally left after I told him that I’d stay with you for a day or so.”
    “Oh… w-well thanks Bakugou,” you said.

“Don't worry about it. It’s no big deal,” he paused with a deep breath and let it out as a sigh, “He really cares about you Y/n..” he gave you a tender smile, but it almost looked like a smirk.

    You look down and play with the edge of your gown. Oh what you would do to be in your normal clothes right now   

    “I know…” you say. The silence filled the room once more and you could still feel the faltered breaths escaping our throat.    

    The two of you sat there awkwardly. You're able to feel his gaze on you, even though you're looking away.

    “So….do you want to talk about it?” he asked nonchalantly. 

“I-I just had…” you pause and take a deep breath, “I just had a bad dream.”
    “That was more like a night terror,” he corrects. You fix yourself on the bed, and pull the blankets up to cover yourself. You hug your arms, and pull them to your sides. 

    “Sorry…” you whisper. You look away, feeling guilty for making him feel obligated to help you.

    “Why?” he scoffs, “It’s not like it was your fault. Everyone has bad dreams sometimes. It's ok.”

    You shake your head and smile weakly. Looking at him.

“Yeah, b-but I’m sorry that I made a scene and that you had to deal with it,” you say. You looked up at him, and saw him looking a bit more brute than usual.

    “I didn't want you to handle that by yourself. That's the only reason I helped out,” he explains, “I know what it's like to have panic attacks Y/n… I get it” he comforts you.