Chapter 1

I checked my watch, 11:59 PM. Shit, they're going to kill me.

I slowly opened then closed the big Mahogany door, praying that it doesn't make a sound like it always does. I sighed with relief when it didn't and tiptoed my way to the stairs, making sure I was careful not to touch the many flower pots that my aunts kept in our sala. Just three more steps, Zyla. I told myself.

"So, were you able to top off the number of bottles you were able to empty during your cousin's party last week?" I jumped and almost shouted. No matter how I try to be as silent as a cat, I will never ever be able to beat they stealth my aunties possess. Does it improve by age? Because they sure are experts.

"Tita Yonnie, you scared me!" I told my aunt while my hear palpitated. She just giggled. They just love torturing me.

"We told you Zyla, it's either you go home by 12 midnight or you have to sleep over at your friend's house." Tita Magda said.

I looked at my watch which said12:15 AM. "I'm sorry Tita, I know there should not be any butts but Kat drove me home because I wasn't able to bring any change of clothes." I explained.

They know Kat doesn't like to drink liquors. I never asked why though, just respected her when she says no when offered with beer or hard liquor.

"Besides, you know I don't go beyond my limit of two bottles and I promise not to do it again," I continued, making my sad puppy dog face.

"Don't you use that on us, we're immune ," Tita Magda replied rolling her eyes but clearly affected by my cute face.

"We just worry, dear but we know you are a responsible woman," said Tita Yonnie.

I smiled.

"Speaking of responsible, guess what happened today at work?" I smiled mysteriously.

"Did you beat the crap out of that Earl guy again?" Earl is my rival at work and my aunts know that I have been trying to snag the trophy during monthly evaluations at work.

"Magda! Stop feeding your niece with this nonsense. It isn't healthy competition," Tita Yonnie responded but once again, the older aunt just rolled her eyes.

My parents had me when they were young but did not get married. My mom had to do a couple of jobs while raising me so she had to leave me in the care of her two older sisters who loved me and took care of me like their own. While mom and dad got married and had families of their own, my aunts didn't and it has been me and them eversince.

"Sad to say, this week was Earl's though I'm sure I'd be on the top next month," I said confidently, thinking about the scores I had the past few weeks.

"Then what's your big news?" Tita Yonnie asked.

"Well, I was picked to be trained for a new account..." I paused.

"...In Japan!" The three of us shrieked with happiness. I couldn't help it. I have been watching Gundam when I was a kid and Japan became one of my dream destinations.

"That means you'd finally be able to meet what's his name? The guy with that famous scar?"

I laughed, 'Harry Potter, Tita! But no, he's not there, only this sort of amusement park dedicated to the book and the movie,"

"We are so proud of you, dear Zyla," Tita Magda smoothed my hair and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, both," I replied, hugging them.

"I do what I do and I am what I am because of you," I whispered.

I remember one afternoon in grade school, my mom was not able to pick me up because she had to do overtime. I stood waiting at the school gates for hours while one by one, my school mates were picked up. I was so scared and almost on the verge of crying when suddenly, I saw my aunts' faces, smiling at me, "We're here now Zyla, let's get you home." And home I went, home with them.