Chapter 06: Closer

Start from the beginning

"See you, (Y/N)." Mystogan stands up from the grass. He brushes the dirt off his pants and leaves, leaving you to wonder where he even lived.

You brush your thoughts off about him. You knew you were going to learn more about him. You didn't know how, but you just knew.

***

"Loke's a what?" You asked again, feeling like you'd misheard what Natsu had said.

"Celestial spirit!" Natsu exclaims happily and you wonder why you haven't noticed it before... But then he did have a weird aura, yet you didn't pay attention to it, thinking maybe it was just because of his magic.

Apparently, Loke was saved by Lucy and now his key is in her possession. You were happy for Lucy because she got a new gold key, you didn't say that, though.

"Look, he gave us tickets to Akane Resort," Gray says proudly, holding up four tickets—Natsu's, Lucy's, Happy's, and his. You've heard that it was a luxury resort with tons of fun things to do.

"Have fun," You tell them, you wanted to say stay safe, but you just didn't have the courage to.

"Thanks, (Y/N)! We'll buy you souvenirs," Natsu exclaims, smiling widely at you. You just patted his head, messing with his hair. Natsu, you think, would be your younger brother if you had one. Though, you'd never admit how fond you were with him to anyone ever.

They were about to head off and you went with them to the train station just to send them off. They each wanted to chip in just to buy a ticket for you, but you refused. Beaches were a no-no for you, after all.

"See you!" Lucy says while getting on the train. Gray and Erza both wave goodbye to you as Natsu prepares to barf beside the window.

A smile was about to show, but you fought it off. Maybe you needed a mask now as well. Just like Mystogan— speaking of that man, you wonder where he is.

Ugh, ever since that brief encounter where you confessed to each other, you've been thinking about him! More so than before!

Calm down, (Y/N). It's not like he needs to always show himself to you just because he said he considers you as his friend. That's not much, is it? But it is! You were sure he didn't have any other friends besides you. Except for Porlyusica... If she even counts as a friend.

"Mystogan," You unconsciously call out as you were passing through an alley which was a shortcut to the guild. You shortly realize how dumb that was. Why even call someone who wasn't there, or was he?

Your eyes widen at the sound of a chuckle from a familiar voice. You wanted to shake your head just to make sure your hearing was good and that you weren't just hearing things, but the teasing dark eyes piercing into yours as you spun proved you wrong.

"Hm, were you summoning me, (Y/N)?" The cloaked man asks and you wanted to run away from him as embarrassment slowly was slowly filling your insides.

"S-shut up," You cry out, and once again wanted to slap yourself for stuttering in front of Mystogan.

Mystogan leaned closer to your ear and you couldn't move because of the surprise the sudden proximity gave you. "Finally got you." He whispers.

"Got me?" You ask with your right eyebrow rising. You didn't even know what he was talking about... Also, he just randomly appeared. Are you dreaming right now? Did you actually summon him?

"Off-guard. Just payback for last time." Apparently, Mystogan was that sort of person who kept grudges. You didn't expect that, but now you know.

He must've been referring to the one where you made him shy because of your sudden bravery. Just thinking about it made you want to laugh but you repressed the urge to do so.

"Oh, you're still thinking about that?" You ask with a joking tone and disbelief. Would it be too much if you suddenly ask him if he liked you? He doesn't, does he?

"I'm thinking about you," Mystogan replies, staring into your eyes. His dark eyes were piercing into yours and you just now realize how brown his eyes were once the sun shone upon them.

"Me? Why?" You question him even though the answer was obvious. Maybe he had a little crush on you? But with the few encounters you guys have had— Never mind, you couldn't use that as an excuse as there's no denying that you've also grown attached to him in the short time you guys have bonded.

The next thing he did, you'd never expect he would do in front of you. He lowered his green mask, exposing the red intricate tattoo on the right side of his face.

You couldn't help but visibly be mesmerized by his face, you never anticipated he'd show it to you this early.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out," Mystogan answers, smiling deeply at you. He puts his mask back on and then walks away, leaving you deep in thought.

 He puts his mask back on and then walks away, leaving you deep in thought

Mystogan exposing himself, lmao

Edited: May 02, 2022 | March 15, 2023