Epilogue

"Please be something!" Madhu said nervously and looked at the white strip on the bathroom counter. It had been five minutes but just one line appeared in the results window.
"Not this time too..." she sighed and ejected the pregnancy strip into the dustbin. She washed her face to get some energy and went out.
"I was tapping the door for ten minutes. Why are you late?" Vikram questioned her angrily as she stalled him from going to work.
"Sorry..." she apologised in a meek tone and let him go inside. He looked at her fallen face and felt guilty, "Look at me..."
She lifted her head but did not see him.
"Look at me!" he persuaded her.
Madhu melted into tears and ran towards the bed. Vikram sprinted behind her to find out what happened, "Hey, I am sorry... I was late to work... That's why I was angry..."
Madhu wailed, digging her head further inside the pillow.
"Munchkin, look at me. I said sorry!" he comforted her. She didn't spare a glance at him which agitated him.
"Madhu, look at me. Please," he lifted her wet face from the pillow. "Did someone hurt you?"
Her eyes were red, her face swollen and her button nose turned red.
"I am sorry," he wiped her never-ending tears with his hands. She sniffed, "It came negative..."
Vikram was confused, "What is this riddle?"
"I checked for pregnancy. It came negative," she sniffed her nose. Vikram sighed, "Oh! Goodness. I thought I hurt you! Madhu, we aren't even trying for that. I use condoms..."
"But we did it raw last time," she interrupted him. "And my periods haven't started yet..."
Vikram took her face in his hands, "I rushed that day. I couldn't control myself as you looked ravishing. But Madhu, your placements are around the corner and I don't want to spoil your career."
Madhu understood him, "You are worried about my career but I want to start a family with you."
Vikram kissed her forehead, "I am glad that you are trusting me. But once you get your dream job, we can have a baby."
She pulled Vikram closer to herself and kissed his lips. He cupped her breasts through her kurta and rubbed them on either side of his cheeks, "I am going to punish you for wasting my time."
She traced his erection and moaned.
He tore her kurta and kissed her cleavage hungrily, "I can't wait to enjoy you."
She chuckled when he bit her skin.
He peppered kisses on her breasts and undressed her lower body. She was taken to another planet when he started licking her downwards. She tossed on the bed as he gave unstoppable arousal to her.
He kissed her supple nipples and removed his dress. She pushed him down to the bed and swallowed his penis. He moaned at her faster jabs on his organ. He leaked all of his fluid into her mouth and she drank everything with a wink.
He pointed to the table drawer and she covered his erected organ. He kissed her lips as she sat on his thighs and moved over his erection. He supported her hips and paced along with her.
She leaned on his forehead to release herself.
He continued his way inside her and extended their stay, "Did I appreciate your beauty?"
She smiled, "A thousand times."
"I will tell you another thousand times too," he declared.
She stuffed his mouth with her hand and he tickled her hips. She giggled like a baby.
"Don't you have college?" he raised a question as it was noon. She scowled at him and remained silent.
"What?!" he asked in stupefaction.
"Really?" she commented and wore her dress. He pulled her hand, "What happened?"
"Tomorrow is Niyati's engagement!" she informed him and scoffed. "What a responsible brother!"
He gaped, "Oh! I forgot!"
His total devotion towards their hospital made him preoccupied and absent-minded in their personal life. Madhu adjusted her hair, "You have changed a lot. I agree that being responsible suits you, but you keep forgetting everything."
"No, Madhu. We have an audit next week. I am just worried," he confided with a creased forehead.
Madhu looked at his pale complexion, he looked five or six years older than he was.
She stroked his cheek and pecked his lips, "I know it's hard for you without my presence in the hospital. I want to resume work in our hospital rather than another company."
"I suggested placements because you learn a thing or two only from an outside company," he informed her. "And I will track events with notes."
"Vikram..." she glared, "You shouldn't keep notes for my birthday and our anniversary. It should be written in your heart and mind."
Vikram sighed, "Give me almonds every day and let us have some quality time to debrief ourselves..."
"Quality time where we talk and do nothing else..." she warned him with a frown. He kissed her nose, "I can't promise that..."
She slapped his chest and put on her kurta, "I have to arrange our living room for tomorrow's function. Could you help?"
Vikram looked at the clock and shrugged, "Sure. I can't go to the hospital anymore."
**************