Chapter Thirteen: Malignancy

Start from the beginning

Sasuke returned looking very unhappy as he opened the door to find Yua standing beside the doctor as they spoke to her. She looked at him gloomily, nodding at him to silently communicate that she would relay the message later.

"I've seen you before." The doctor put the clipboard down, "you must be Hinata's significant other."

"Hn." Sasuke put the bag down.

"Well, I just spoke to Miss Tanaka here, I trust that she would let you know our plan. Since these two ladies have no relations with the patient, I have to ask you both to leave once visiting hours are over."

"Understood." They nodded.

"I'll let you talk." The doctor excused themselves, closing the door behind them gently.

Yua sighed and sat down again, she rubbed her temples and spoke quickly. "They're going to run some tests on her in the morning if she doesn't wake up overnight. So far, they're not sure what's happening but I guess that's expected since it was sudden."

"The morning..." He began making himself comfortable on the couch, knowing that, yet again, he would be staying for a long time.

The couple watched him with pity in their eyes. The trio remained quiet, the only sound in the room was the occasional beep from the heart monitor and the nurses at the nurse's station. Hours seemed to have passed when there was an announcement that visiting hours were over.

"Listen, I'll take Yua home, and leave you alone with Hinata." Daiyū stood up, "hopefully she does wake up..." She gathered their things.

Yua hesitated for a moment but stood as well. "I'll be back in the morning when I'm allowed to. Don't stay up too late, you need rest too."

"Hn." He watched them get ready to leave.

"Goodnight, Sasuke." They echoed.

The door closed before they could hear his reply.

Now that he was alone in the room, Sasuke stood up and sat down at the edge of the hospital bed. He pulled a thicker blanket out of the bag and covered her with it. Watching as she slept, he never got a wink of sleep, not until the sun was rising and he found himself nodding off.

The doors opened once the clock struck seven in the morning, a different doctor appeared, an apologetic smile on their face. "Sorry if I woke you."

Sasuke shook his head, "I wasn't asleep." He cleared his throat.

"I'm glad. I'm Doctor Osaki, I'll be in charge of Miss Hyuga here for the time being. If I'm not here, another subordinate will take my place for a short while. Do you have any questions?"

"No." He leaned back against the couch.

"Great, well, as said by my colleague last night, we're going to run some tests on Miss Hyuga until we find the problem, seeing as she hasn't yet awakened. When we're done, we'll continue to monitor her to make sure everything is good until she's awake. After that, we'd check her one more time and then you guys can go home." Osaki smiled and put the clipboard away. "I understand that you accompany her everywhere, unfortunately, I can't allow you in the MRI room nor the OR — Operating Room — if we do find an issue that needs to be removed."