"Hey calm down little one, it was an accident. I'm not hurt."

He glares at me, attempting to look scary but somehow he ends up looking like an angry squirrel.

" I....I'm not l...little," he retorts.

I laugh before replying, "I beg to differ."

He pouts and introduces himself, "I...I'm M...Mika, h...how about y...you?"

"I'm Angelo, nice to meet you," I reply with a genuine smile. He's just too cute to be cruel to. No matter how much I wanted to. Even I have my limits.

Suddenly someone shouts, "Mika get back to work, we don't pay you for nothing."

Mika looks at me with a sad expression and waves goodbye. He rushes away through a door, probably back to work.

I press the elevator button and enter. It takes me all the way to the 5th floor. It's going to be hell walking up the stairs if the elevator ever broke down. I'm physically fit, but five flights of stairs would be literal torture. Whoever decided a building needed these many stairs was idiotic.

I wouldn't expect it to break down with the rent I'm paying. The prices are extortionate. If I ever met the owner, I'd give them a piece of my mind.

I enter my room. It's a sight to behold. The view is  spectacular, all the skyscrapers and city lights sparkle. It really is the city that never sleeps. I feel like a small dot in an immense ocean but strangely I wasn't drowning this time.

I take in my gigantic suite. The living room contains black sofas with white cushions. It also has a white rug and a small black coffee table. I move to the kitchen. Bang in the centre there is a large white marble island with black appliances neatly lined up on top. Intricate crystal lights are hanging from the roof like floaty soap bubbles. They remind me of my childhood.

More specifically when my dad used to fill up an entire bathtub of luscious, clear bubbles. I giggled as they tickled my face and I pretended to hide from a big scary monster. Those were happier times. He promised me he would protect me from all the monsters in the world. Why didn't he, instead he became one.

Did he really hate me that much?  Compared to my siblings I'm different in personality and looks. For him, it was never a problem. He used to love me, I was his little snowflake. He never showed signs of hate, I was his precious one. Why did he do it, the thought plagued me. Ate me up inside.

With that thought lingering, I enter the bedroom. It also has a view of the mesmerising city. I quickly pull the blinds to darken the room. There's a large king-sized bed in the middle of the room. Off to the side I glance at my walk in closet. Too bad I don't have much to put in, as I only brought one suitcase.

I make my way to the bathroom. I strip and enter the shower. The warm water trickles off my tired, aching skin onto the cold shower floor. Soon the shower is all fogged up, grabbing the hair wash I lather it on my hair before rinsing off. I repeat this with the body wash. After a while, I switch off the shower and step out. A fluffy towel soon engulfs my body.

I manage to find a toothbrush that the hotel provided so brush my teeth. I enter the bedroom and open my suitcase. I find my favourite pyjamas, a large grey sweatshirt and black boxers. This is my favourite because it's extremely comfortable and I don't get too hot when wearing it. I make my way to the bed and use the towel to dry my long hair. After I flop onto my bed, letting everything sink in.

I made it to New York. I'm all alone. I have to do something with the 2 million or I'll run out of money for rent. I decide, I'll look for a shop or something to buy, so I can keep myself going. I'll have to do this quickly as university is starting next week.

Another thing  I need to engrave into my brain is
absolutely no friends. My identity has to stay hidden, I couldn't risk being found. Not again, never again. Coming face to face with one of my demons left me heartbroken, imagine seeing all of them.

My heart and mind wouldn't be able to take the pain. There's also the risk that they'd drag me back to hell with them. I wouldn't allow that to happen. I am finally somewhat content with where my life is going.

The planning and setting boundaries, left me falling into a deep slumber. I feel relief that for the first time in a long time, I didn't cry myself to sleep. My mind drifts into drowsiness with a simple promise upon my tongue.

Trust no one. Not even my past self, that was the person who betrayed me the most.

A/N

Any theories on who Angelo's running from?

If you like this chapter, please support the story by voting and commenting.

Thank you for reading :)