31....The hero you needed

[Jins pov]

“Wait…. What do you mean, ‘if there even is one’?” I asked.

“I have some options that can possibly get you out of this situation you’ve gotten yourself into. And not only does it help you out, but it also helps Y/n,” he says, “But I need answers to some of my questions, to be able to help,” he says. My eyes widen and I snap my head towards him. 

    “What do you-” I start.

“But...you need to be 100% cooperative with me for any of it to become an option,” he says.

    “Okay…” I answer with my head down, “What do you want to know?”

I look back up at him to see him leaning forward on the table. He intertwined his fingers together and rested his elbows on the table.

    “Tell me a little bit about your quirk, and how Y/n was able to use it.”

Oh crap, how do I even explain this? I don't even understand. Damnit! 

    I put my hands over my face and rub at my skin harshly. 

“I… I have no idea,” I say, “We have no idea how we are able to switch quirks. But like,” I let out a sigh, “its so weird. It's…. like something we can't really unless...no, wait…. Uhhg!!! I have no idea how to explain it!” I say with a groan.

    The hero slouched back in his chair and his eyes seemed to become more relaxed.

“So….. You don't know how it works?” he asked. 

    I sigh and shake my head. He lets out a grunt of irritation and pinches the bridge of his nose.

    “And… What exactly is your quirk?” he asked. 

“Uuh…” I look away and itch my cheek, “It’s…. Really complicated.”

    “Try me…. I've seen a lot of things, including some rather interesting quirks,” he explains, “And yours was one of those quirks,” there was a pause in his tone as he sent me a glare.

    “So… is your quirk one that creates illusions? Or are you able to see into one's past trauma and recreate it with some kind of cloud or form of some kind of pollen?” he says.

    “W-well… I mean I guess…I don't really use that one a lot of the time,” I answer, “I have a quirk that has a lot of abilities that branch off of it,” I further explain.

     “And your childhood? Your parents are deceased and you have almost no information, after the time that you were in middle school, ” he states.

I let out a sigh and explained my quirk. I explain how it developed and how it was so overwhelming whenever I would get too emotional.  About how each thing I’m able to do is based on how strong my emotions are and how badly I want it to be done. And about how my nightmare quirk allows me to see into a person's head and into their memories and unconscious mind. And how it lets me see into a person's fears and regrets and tramas, and how I can recreate it through my own imagination and my own trauma to create an image to put in someone's mind.

    He nods in understanding as he soaks in the information. He’s paying close attention to the way I’m explaining and the way I’m talking. Once I’m done explaining he nods again. 

    “And the other day.. When you saw Y/n,” he starts, “she was yelling at you about a promise?” he questions.

I look down at my hands and pick at my cuticles, out of habit. The guilt starts to set in and I feel my head getting hot. 

“Um…” I feel my voice crack uncomfortably and I clear my throat, “Yeah….”

“And what was that promise?” he asks, tapping his finger on the cold table.

    “We made a promise to stay with each other. Like, even if we were really far away from each other, we’d still be there for one another,” I answer.

He raised his eyebrow and gave me a confused look. 

“And I broke our promise…” I mumble, “I told her I’d be by her side no matter what happened.”

    “When did you make the promise?” he asked.

“A long time ago...a very long time ago,” I sigh.

    “Masuda, how would you stay by her side if she went to UA? Why didn't you apply as well? I didn't see you during the entrance exams and with a quirk like yours there's no way you would have failed it. So why didn't you take it with Y/n?"

    “I couldn't take the exam,” I say. 

“And why’s that?” he asked again.

    “I would have had to have gone to middle school. And I never finished my education. And….. I don't want to be a hero.” 

    “Why is that?” he asked. I'm not sure why but I’m starting to get so annoyed with this man and his stupid questions. 

    “Heros are stupid. They don't want to save lives and be good people. They turn a blind eye to situations they don't want to acknowledge and it's selfish. And they don't try hard enough to put in the effort it takes to be able to save a person's life,” I state. I look up at him and send him a cold glare.

    “It’s because of heros and their erogance, that I have no parents. The heros are the people that put me in the spot I’m in today. If they would have gotten there in time then I would still have my parents, Y/n would still admire heroes the way she did when she was small, and I would have had a chance to go out and see more things and do more things,” I say.

    “Well…. I don't think that's it,” he says.

I clench my jaw at his remark and look away.

    “Masuda, I think if you came to UA you’d be able to get out of this mess, and start over. You can train as a hero and become the person you needed when you were young. Heroes weren't there for you when you were in a crisis, but if you come to UA you can start over, and train as a hero. You can be the hero you wished you had when your parents were killed,” he says in a monotone voice. 

Word count: 1117

((A/n: im so sorry that I didn't update for awhile. I have been really busy and in all honesty I thought that it had been like five days since I last updated. Also sorry for the kind of short chapter. But thanks for reading and I holed you enjoyed!!! <3 ))