Chapter 16: The Rescue

Start from the beginning

"Well, if that isn't the Quadra calling the Stifling slimy." He said as Kosha stands up and the two stand in front of each other. "Easy there, little one." Fett tells her. "You'll be talking through the window of a bacta tank." Koska said as she gets into Fett's face.

"All right, easy. Save it for the Imps." Bo-Katan said to her. Kosha glares at Fett before she sits back down. "We have his coordinates." Din tells Bo-Katan, who looks surprised. "You can bring me to Moff Gideon?" She asked. "The Moff has a light cruiser. It could be helpful in your effort to regain Mandalore." (Y/n) tells her.

"You gotta be kidding me. Mandalore? The Empire turned that planet to glass." Fett said to (y/n) and Din. 

"You are a disgrace to your armor." Bo-Katan said to Fett, disgusted. "This armor belonged to my father." Fett growls at her. "Don't you mean your donor?" She spat at him and Fett walks up to her. "Careful, princess." He warns and her and Koska stand up. "You are a clone. I've heard your voice thousands of times." She snides as she smiles. "Mine might be the last one you hear." Fett threatened.

At that moment, Koska attacks and Fett grabs her and tosses her aside, making her hit a table. She gets up and Fett uses a grapple and it wraps around her wrist. They play a bit of tug o' war before Kosha pulls him towards her and kicks him.

He doubles over and she grabs his head, then flies up, runs up a pilar and swings Fett around towards another table and slams him down on it. They get up and turn on their flamethrower gauntlets on and blow fire.

"Enough! Both of you! If we had shown half that spine to the Empire we would've never lost our planet." Bo-Katan yells at them and they turn off their flamethrower, Fett gets up on his feet. Bo-Katan turns to Din and (y/n). "We will help you. In exchange, we will keep that ship to retake Mandalore. If you should manage to finish your quest, I would have both of you consider joining our efforts. Mandalorians have been in exile from our home would for far too long." She said.

"Fair enough." Din said as (y/n) nods in agreement.

"One more thing. Gideon has a weapon that once belonged to me. It is an ancient weapon that can cut through anything." Bo-Katan said. "Almost anything." Kosha grumbles. "It cannot cut through pure beskar. I will kill the Moff and retake what is rightfully mine. With the Darksaber restored to me, Mandalore will finally be within reach." Bo-Katan said.

"Help us rescue the Child and you can have whatever you want. He is our only priority." Din tells her as he, subtly, places a hand on (y/n)'s back. Bo-Katan looks between the two and smiles.

Back in the Slave I, Bo-Katan brings up a hologram of Gideon's cruiser while everyone gathers around. "This is Moff Gideon's Imperial light cruiser. In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that." Bo-Katan said.

"Your assessment is misleading." Pershing, who was handcuffed and sitting in a seat near her, informs. "Oh, great. An objective opinion." Cara grumbles. "This isn't subterfuge. I assure you." He tells her. "Let him speak." Bo-Katan said, raising a finger to Cara.

"There's a garrison of dark troopers on board. They're the ones who abducted the Child." Pershing informs. "How many troopers do they javelin armed in those suits?" Din asked him. "These are third-generation design. They are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They're droids." Pershing replied and Din and (y/n) look at each other.

"Where are they bivouacked?" Fennec asked and Pershing stands up and goes over to the console. "They're held in cold storage in this cargo bay." He said as he zooms in on the cargo bay on the hologram map of the cruiser. "They draw too much power to be kept at ready." He said.