Chapter 4 - Stuck

Start from the beginning

I looked up from the monitor and over to Bakugo. He was right, I was so caught up on breaking up with him that I was a sulking sad sack.

I managed to crack a smile. He's right, I need to lighten up. "Just making sure your sold out meet and greet was all organised." I chuckled.

Bakugo rolled his head over to face me and cracked a smile. "That's better ... You're such a shit stirrer. I know I'm doing some shitty commercial for some shitty company." He chuckled.

I smiled. "Well yes, but this 'shitty' commercial pays well... and it's ..." I began to say before I was cut off.

"Good for my image ..." Bakugo said mocking my voice as he rolled his eyes.

I raised my eyebrows. "You're a quick learner Bakugo, glad we're on the same page." I chuckled. "Besides it's with your friend Red Riot, you should be happy it's not with some random hero." I said with a shrug.

Truth be told there was plenty of hero's who wanted to collaborate with Bakugo, however I knew better than to just accept any offer that was thrown around. Red riot and Bakugo went way back so I knew he would be okay with it.

Bakugo moaned. "So what do I even need to do for this commercial?" He asked.

I smiled and slapped my laptop closed. "Glad you asked boss. This is actually for a high end jewellery commercial. You just need to model a watch and chain with a couple of other people. Super easy... a child could do it." I said casually.

He seemed disinterested but his question said otherwise.

"Is it a film commercial or just photos?" He asked still trying to sound not bothered.

"Both." I said cheerfully.

"And the payment?" He asked bluntly.

This question threw me, since when was he interested in money from these publicity stunts, he makes much more just being a pro hero.

"Payment?" I questioned. "I mean it's not bad but that's not the point of doing it... you know that right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I know that." He said casually throwing an arm up on the seat.

His arm curled up around the back leather seat and his fingers casually brushed my shoulder and up my collarbone, it sent shivers up my spine. My eyes followed his fingers as they laced my neck, I hadn't noticed but my jaw dropped slightly at the sight.

I felt my breathing fasten before the vehicle came to a stop.

I gulped loudly. "I guess we're here!" I said loudly and awkwardly jumping from the seat and opening the door with my laptop clutched firmly under my arm.

Instantly a camera flash went off in my face and I was temporarily blinded.

Wait this was a closed shoot, how are the paparazzi here...

I placed a hand up in front of my face when I also felt an arm warp around my waist pulling me as I walked in it's direction. When I was able to regain my sight we were inside the building lobby outside an elevator.

Bakugo let go of my waist and lent forward to press the elevator button. "Not used to the paps are ya (F/N)?" He said cockily.

I blinked viciously as I took in my surroundings. "That camera was literally less than an inch from my face." I said rubbing my eyes as I chuckled. "I have no remorse for you though, you chose this life." I said poking my tongue out playfully.