Chapter 7: MONSTER

Start from the beginning

He had planned extensively for this, but now that he was here, Moon Jo was at a loss for what to do.

Maybe it was because he was being emotional.

This man had hurt his Jong Woo.

He wasn't thinking straight...

No, Moon Jo.

Stop and think, you have done this before, countless times, he told himself.

"Well, you see... he has been loitering around my clinic, and I think it disturbs my patients," he said, stalling for time as cogs turned in his head.

What would shock the man long enough for Moon Jo to tie him up like he had planned...

Mr. Ahn was speaking, looking wholly unconcerned, but Moon Jo couldn't hear him.

He found the perfect answer to his conundrum, and it really was so obvious he should have been thinking more inside of the box instead of outside.

It was risky, but it would have to do.

"Doctor, I took him in out of the goodness of my heart, you know? His good for nothing parents went and got themselves killed, and this is how he repays me for my kindness—"

Moon Jo saw red, and with lightning quick reflexes that just had to be fuelled by rage and adrenaline, he punched the man in the solar plexus, in a spot in which he could sense there might be less fat to protect his lungs.

He had the surprise factor in this, so Ahn Hee Joong doubled over, gasping for breath, and Moon Jo struck him, hard, in the back of his head.

Again, and again, with his bare fist.

Moon Jo was panting by the time the large man slumped back against the recliner.

Shaking in unreleased rage, he caught his breath and remembered himself.

He had a job to do.

Ahn Hee Joong had a pulse, that was good.

Moon Jo bound him to the recliner with rope he had bought years previous near his university, just in case he ever needed it.

He was so glad he had, otherwise he would need to think of a way to not link the recent purchase back to him.

The man's eyes fluttered open groggily.

Moon Jo smiled pleasantly, which seemed to put him at ease.

"Wha...? What happened...?"

"I'm afraid you will have to be my patient now, Mr. Ahn. You might have a concussion."

"Oh... okay..." He said, nodding dumbly.

Until he found that his limbs were tied up, that was.

So he didn't have a concussion, after all.

Or not a severe one, at least.

Moon Jo's smile widened into a grin.

"Wha're you doin'?"

Slurred speech.

Yes, a mild concussion, enough to make him easy to deal with, but not severe enough to make him blissfully unaware of his situation.

That was perfect, it was excellent.

Fate always favoured Moon Jo.

"I told you, did I not? You are my patient now, so I will... take care of you," Moon Jo said, using the docile, kind tone that worked on nervous children on their first visit.

It worked the exact opposite way on Mr. Ahn, which was the intended effect.

"You don' need to do this..." He begged, and his eyes widened in panic as he saw the scalpel in Moon Jo's hands. "I 'ave a wife, and a son..."

"Yes," Moon Jo agreed with a smile, pressing the scalpel against his throat, drawing a few beads of sweet, sweet blood. "And you also have a nephew."

"Is this 'bout the boy...? I'll keep 'im away, I swear..."

"Oh, no no, Mr. Ahn. I believe we might have a slight misunderstanding here."

The man stared, uncomprehending.

"I would usually say that you're bleeding because you don't floss, Ahn Hee Joong. But I know you do. Your teeth are not so bad, actually. Not the worst I have seen," Moon Jo admitted easily, before his grin turned sharper than the scalpel in his hand, his eyes flashing with hatred. "No, this is for Jong Woo, you pathetic, disgusting worm."

The blade sliced through Ahn Hee Joong 's neck like butter, but it was not enough.

Not by a long shot.

Fury thrummed in Moon Jo's veins, hot and dizzying.

He loomed over the man, who was gurgling in an attempt to speak. Possibly to beg for his pitiful life.

But all Moon Jo could see was Jong Woo making the same kind of noise, begging for his help, tears filling his eyes—

It was not hard to decide what to do next.

He picked up his forceps, no anaesthetic.

"This," Moon Jo informed him, as he placed the forceps at the base of one of Ahn Hee Joong's bloodied teeth, and pulled. A gurgling scream. "Is for every bruise you gave him, in non-visible places. Because you could not let anyone find out, did you?"

Moon Jo pulled another tooth, the root bleeding profusely. "Guess what. I did. And I assure you, I am the worst possible person who could have, Hee Joong."

The man was sobbing openly at this point and Moon Jo tutted, as he pulled out one of his canines. "Your crocodile tears will not work on me, not after I saw Jong Woo's, after the number you did on him. He couldn't speak, he could barely breathe." Moon Jo shook, ripping out a premolar, lost in his anger. "You wanted to play monster, didn't you Hee Joong? Wouldn't you like to find out what a real monster does?"

His expression must have been manic, feral, because Ahn Hee Joong looked at him with the most panicked expression he had ever seen on a victim before.

But then again, even as the urge claimed him, Moon Jo had always maintained an amount of self-restraint.

He stayed poised and in control, mocking his victims, just a hint of sadism.

Now, the beast was free, unleashed for the first time and out in the open.

The monster was an ugly thing, and this man had brought it out from its slumber.

Moon Jo threw his head back and laughed, freely and unrestrained.

It was not a joyful sound.

"I shall show you."

***To be continued

***
To be continued...