Hold me close and keep me save - missing scene

TWs: mention/ description of the bone marrow extraction in s2

Sets place between s4 and s5

Words: 0.5k

Ship: Remori

—-

Raven felt something pressing on her throat, cutting her air off, clinching into her flesh. She screamed when she heard the drilling noise. They were going to extract some more bone marrow. She felt the pain when they drilled a new hole into her leg. She wanted to kick them, but her limbs were strapped down.

She heard a scream, far away. „Raven!" Was that Abby? Raven tried to turn her head but the strap around her neck was too strong and the leather cut into her skin. „Raven!" She heard again. It didn't sound like Abby, Raven thought. Then she opened her eyes.

A warm arm was wrapped around her upper body, a hand tried to free her neck from the blanket that was wrapped around it. She took a deep breath, still hearing the drilling noise from somewhere behind her. „Raven, hey, hey!" Emori said. Raven tried to concentrate on the voice, but she still heard the drilling. She managed to turn her head to Emori and saw her worried face in the dim light, her short hair framing her face and touching her shoulders. She cut it a few months ago and it started to grow past her shoulders, Raven remembered. She could see Emori's bed at the other side of the room and felt the soft blanket pressing against her skin. She realized that the drilling noise was gone and that she could sit up and move.

She started shaking and pressed her body against Emori's, searching for comfort and trying to forget the cold feeling of being strapped down on a table and feeling the pain of the drill in her leg. Emori pressed her tender against her chest, looking worried down at her.

"Hey, Raven, what happened?" She asked. Raven shook her head, trying to forget. "I- I was dreaming about Mount Weather when they took my bone marrow and- My blanket was wrapped around my throat like the straps they used and..." Raven broke out in another sob. "Shhh," Emori whispered, stroking through her hair. "Rae, look at me, okay?"

Raven nodded, trying to focus on Emori's voice. Her body was still shaking, her skin pale and sweaty. Emori laid down beside her, starting to hum a melody Raven heard for the first time. Raven laid back down and tried to take a deep breath.

Raven felt Emori's breath beside her ear and turned her head to look at the other girl. Emori stopped humming, smiled, and pressed a soft, calming kiss on her lips. Raven shifted more to her and started to draw lines on her shoulder, her fingers touching the fabric of the shirt Emori used to wear for sleep.

Another sob made the way out of Raven's mouth and Emori pressed her more against her body, hoping Raven would calm down quickly. Raven's crying lasted a few more minutes until she managed to relax a bit. Emori sighed when Raven's breathing started to go back to normal.

Raven laid her head on Emori's right arm and grabbed her badass hand with her right.

Emori saw a little smile on Raven's lips and gave her another kiss. „Go back to sleep, Em," Raven whispered. Emori nodded, knowing Raven wouldn't fall asleep soon, maybe stay awake for the rest of the night.

Emori closed her eyes and fell asleep after she made once again sure that Raven was better. Raven didn't fell asleep but watched Emori dreaming until it was time for them to get up.