You didn't answer.

Sighing, he removed your hand from your mouth. Then he proceeded to cup your chin, bringing your face close to him. In a swift motion, he leaned in and planted a small kiss on the corner of your lips. Time seemed to tick slower, lagging in milliseconds, as you felt his soft lips landing on your skin.

Parting just a few inches away, his baby blue eyes glazed lovingly in your (e/c) irises, "I'm not that shallow (Y/n). Do you think something like morning breath would make me less smitten?"

Your neurons in your brain must not be working well right now, since it took you a second to realize and replay what just happened in your head. And as soon as that one-second lag caught up, your face flushed bright red, "S-seishu y-you"

His eyes widen, "Ah- I'm sorry, did I do something you disliked?" he uttered in a panicked voice.

You shook your head profusely, "N-no, I was just surprised. It's just that..."

"That?" he repeated, matching your tone.

"I think you missed..." you mumbled under your breath.

"What was that?"

You bit your bottom lip, suppressing the awkward, crooked smile that grew on your lips, and turned your head to the breakfast on your table "N-nothing! Let's eat before the food gets cold."

"(Y/n), sunshine, catch"

"Huh-" hearing him say your name, you quickly faced him.

Just after you did, Inui's soft, pink lips brushed against yours. At that moment, his sweet vanilla scent overwhelmed your senses. Warmth oozed in your chest. At that moment, butterflies started to tickle your stomach. It was electrifying, but it had died down shortly after he had parted. Nevertheless, the way that he felt on your lips never left you.

Heat rose to your cheeks as a wide, upturned smile grew on your face. Covering your hands with your face, you massaged your temples, "Ahh, Seishu, I don't know what you're planning to do to me but these surprise kisses of yours give me mini heart attacks."

He chuckled at your reaction and enveloped you in a warm and cozy embrace. You let your forehead fall on his chest, letting his sweet vanilla scent linger below your nose. Oh, how you loved every part of this moment. Your first kiss with him may not be romance movie material, but it was still something undoubtedly special.

"I'm sorry you were just so cute; I can't help it" he smiled, tightening his embrace.

"Give me something like a notice next time you do it, please?"

He nodded, "Of course, anything for you, sunshine"

Moments later, after the short cuddle session, both of you ate breakfast. And shortly after cleaning up, Inui left your dorm since he had class an hour later. Of course, even if you wanted to spend some more time with him, you couldn't really make him skip his classes.

You threw yourself on your bed and stared at the ceiling with a goofy grin plastered on your face. You happily recalled the kiss you had shared with your significant other.

"What a time to be alive" you whispered to yourself, pressing a pillow against your thumping chest and pinkish face, you continued to smile to yourself.

That was until you heard a knock on your door. You quickly stood up and walked towards the door, opening it to reveal the student dorm supervisor, bearing a giddy smile and curious brown eyes.

Not letting you speak, she opened her mouth only to ambush you with an interrogation, "I saw that pretty blonde boyfriend of your sneaking in and out from your room this morning. Did anything happen last night that I should know? Because that could be a liability on my part" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

Heat rose to your cheeks as you nudged her shoulder with your hand, "N-no! He just stayed the night because I was sick and apart from that nothing else happened, okay? So, get your mind out of the gutter, geez"

She laughed at your reaction, "I was just teasing! Of course, nothing happened, my room is just next to yours and it was awfully quiet-"

"Please don't finish that sentence" you interjected, putting you index finger in front of her face.

Raising her hands in defeat she lets out a hearty chuckle, "Okay, okay. Anyway, are you feeling any better? Well of course you are, your beloved boyfriend did nurse you back to health"

"A bit, I still feel tired though, I think I need to get some sleep before my class in the afternoon starts"

"Well, at least your complexion looks a lot better compared to yesterday. You got me worried, you know? And your stubbornness doesn't help either. Anyway..." she trailed off extending a plastic bag to you "Mitsuya came by earlier and said to give these to you."

Taking the bag from her hands, you examined the contents-- a small box of effervescent vitamin tablets and a small note.

Opening the piece of folded paper, you smiled at the small and thoughtful note.

'Get well soon and see you in class : ) - Takashi'

"Anyway, if you suddenly feel sick again, you can call for me, okay? My classes don't start till this afternoon either. So, feel free to knock on my door, okay?" She declared.

You nodded "Thanks Sayu"

"No problem! It's my duty to watch over the tenants after all!" she waves goodbye before walking away, disappearing from your sight. You shut the door behind you and strutted towards your study table where your phone was.

"I need to say my thanks to Takashi," you said to yourself. You lifted your phone from the table and placed the box of vitamins and the note on the table. However, as you were to snap a picture, you abruptly paused, seeing a drop of red liquid on your phone's screen.

Bringing a hand below your nose, you felt a wet and warm sensation on the tip of your finger.