Introduction

Summary: 

When you hit rock bottom, you can only go up. For Elizabeth Dawson, the climb back to where she used to be-and who she was- is much more difficult than the fall.

Elizabeth was supposed to be the next great in her sport. At 17, she had the world at her fingertips. Her first two years on the senior level were better than she dreamed. With a second national title to her name, her path to the Olympics should have been easy. It felt like everything was falling to place...until it was falling apart.

The cracks started to give way, until she crumbled under the relentless pressure, leading to an all-too-public suicide attempt and a couple of months away from the ice.

She's determined to find her love for the sport that built and destroyed her. With her best friends by her side, her coach in her corner, and a determination to keep her profile and expectations low, she hopes she's ready for it.

Plagued by nightmares, her coach gives her a key to the ice rink. She skates through complicated emotions alone under the cover of darkness- until Noah Li walks in one night and changes both their lives.

Noah Li was on the same track, poised for greatness and derailed at the worst time. He's healing from an injury that could have ended his career and hesitant to compete for the first time ever. As they navigate their comebacks, leaning on each other for support, the two skaters discover they might have more in common than just sport and circumstances.

Noah is all quiet confidence and effortless skill. Raised by Olympic champions and influenced by their skating, he's never had to doubt his place in the sport. He's always belonged. Until now, when he finds himself pulling away from something that always kept him solidly anchored in place. He's always braved the spotlight and stress alone, but something about Elizabeth and her friends makes him question that approach.

But will the blossoming friendship help them fix what has become broken or crush the pieces even more? 

****

Note from the author:

Hello!

If you've read this book before- welcome back. I've missed you. I hope you enjoy this rewrite.

If not, welcome to "On Broken Ice." This book has been in the universe in a few forms since 2018, and it's taken a pretty odd journey to get back to Wattpad. But here it is.

Thank you for reading.