The Knight of Seven Arrives

Start from the beginning

I giggle at the antics, but my mind has already started turning over what has just occurred. Suzaku has revealed that he knows Lelouch, and that shows he must be here to watch him. My brother didn't just come back to attend school like a normal teenager. He was sent here to see if Lelouch is the resurrected Zero, which means we'll have to be extra careful around him.

I'm not sure how I get through class with my mind swirling. I flash back to that fateful day in the cave, wondering why Suzaku never told a single soul about my identity as Infinity. If he believes I have returned to that path, or if he doesn't believe Lelouch is this resurrected Zero, so I couldn't possibly be back at running a revolution. We've always viewed the world from two completely different lens even though we were raised the same. The paths we are traveling down are heading away form each other.

"And so, everybody up and left, except us," Shirley's voice pulls me out of the deep thoughts that have consumed me. "They all went back home, even the teachers."

I take a bite of the sandwich in my hand, feeling a sense of calm as I am sitting right next to Lelouch as we are all having lunch outside as a reunited group. The two of us, Rivalz, and Rolo are sitting on strange cylinder seats that we had to move.

"Back to the homeland?" Suzaku asks. He's sitting across the walkway on a bench with Shirley and Milly on either side.

"Yeah, and that's the reason we're the only ones here at the school who know you," Lelouch adds. "Right Rolo?"

"R-right," Rolo chokes out.

"That explains why I don't recognize anyone here," Suzaku frowns.

"Hey! You saw Zero's face, didn't you?!" Rivalz blurts out. "And what about the lady, Infinity? Did you see her face? What did they look like?"

Lelouch pops a chocolate into my mouth before drinking whatever he has in his travel mug.

"Is he really a girl?" Milly leans into Suzaku. "That they are both girls constantly swapping places."

"It's really Prince Clovis, right? And she's some princess he's in love with!?" Rivalz excitedly leans forward.

"Or that they're a royal couple from a different country!" Shirley blurts out.

"Uh, well um," Suzaku stammers.

"Can't you share that with us?" Lelouch teases.

"No, it's a military secret."

"That's never stopped you from telling me about the military," I tease.

"I'm sorry," he hisses as Arthur jumps up and bites his fingers.

"Arthur!" Milly quickly stands up.

"You brought him with you!?" Shirly bursts up as well.

"I've missed you, my precious kitty," I coo.

"Well, Suzaku, you really have a thing for cats, don't you?" Lelouch chuckles.

A part of normal has returned to our lives, but we can never go back to a year ago. To all the fun times we had together before our relationships shattered. This group is all I have ever wanted, but it will never feel real. Everything just became a whole lot more complicated.

+XXXXXXXX+

"You know, we used to do this all the time," I softly smile as I look at my brother across the table. We're in the student council kitchen where I set up a small table.