The man yelled out in pain but Jasper didn’t waste any time. He turned on me again and I was desperately trying to find a crack in the circle of wolves who wanted me dead. If I could just run maybe I had a chance.

Jasper came at me again and I dodged but ran into another woman who tripped me and I fell at her feet. She gripped me by the hair and brought the side of my head down hard on a rock embedded in the ground.

I cursed and tried to stand but I was so dizzy. I felt blood dripping down the side of my face and I tried not to wince at how badly it stung.

I had had much worse than this in the past but I was still surrounded and helpless to fight back.

I got to my feet but before I could take a step Jasper ran into me again and knocked me back down. He growled over top of me and I tried to scramble out from under him but another man grabbed both my hands and held them above my head.

I struggled but it was no use. Jasper got in my face, growling, teeth beard, and I started to panic.

“Don’t do this please! Wesley’s my mate, don’t kill me, please” I felt tears start to fall and no matter how much I embarrassed myself it would be worth it to stay alive for him.

Jasper growled again but before I could say anything I heard a panicked voice and someone running towards us.

“No stop!”

It was a woman’s voice but I couldn’t see here from where I was being held down.

“Stop! Jasper please, it’s true, that’s Wesley’s mate, don’t kill him!”

Jasper growled and it was quiet for a second before he looked back down at me and placed his massive paw on my chest.

I tried to get out of the man’s grip again but I couldn’t and I was still a little dizzy from before.

I felt Jasper’s claws elongate but I didn’t have a chance to say anything before he sunk them into my chest and slowly dragged them all the way across.

A scream erupted from me so loud I didn’t even recognize it as my own. This pain was more than just claws opening up my chest, it was some kind of poison or venom that was seeping in through the wound and setting my body on fire.

When he finally pulled his claws from me I felt blood coming up from my throat and I painfully coughed it up. Every time my body shook the poison would spread and burn more.

The man behind me didn’t let go of my wrists, he pulled me to my feet by them making me choke on an excruciating sob.

They dragged me to a tree trunk in the middle of the small cluster of houses and tied my hands behind my back so tight I could already feel blood dripping from my wrists. Then they tied a blindfold around my eyes and another piece of cloth was forced in my mouth and they tied that around my head as well.

The deep gash in my chest still felt like it was on fire and even though my body was trying to heal the damage, it wasn’t working. Whatever poison that had entered my body was making sure of that. To make matters worse they had tied me up in direct sunlight. Usually the sun wouldn’t hurt but all my energy was already going towards trying to heal me, I could already feel the sun heating up my skin.

“Nick,” it was the same girl from before. I could hear her running towards me. “Nick, are you ok?”

“Back off Stacy, this is none of your concern,” I heard Jasper say.

Stacy? I’d heard that name before. She was one of Wesley’s good friend’s from the pack.

“You were going to kill him Jasper! That’s against our laws, he’s Wesley’s mate!”