Found

Consciousness ebbed and flowed as I realised I was lying somewhere, and someone was touching me. My chilly, wet body ached from the hard ground. There was sand beneath my fingers and something hard beneath my heel. Maybe they were pebbles. Suddenly, hands lifted and pulled me against a warm body. I tried to open my weary eyes, but my eyelids were too heavy. I tried to move, but couldn't. Scared, I let myself go. Trusting someone with my life and body was difficult. I feared consciousness mixed with paralysis. Was I dreaming? I've had dreams where I tried to open my eyes, or move and couldn't, as an evil entity pursued me. I forced my eyes open to see what was happening around me. My eyes were lead. Someone lifted me higher. I tried again to open my eyes, but sleep held onto them. Someone was carrying me somewhere. I tried again. My eyes opened into tiny slits to see a wooden door before me. I peered upwards and saw him gazing at me: a handsome man. My eyes shut once more, drifting back to sleep.

Ten minutes ago:

Rupert was looking forward to spending quality time with his wife Sara and children, Johnny and Mary, at the Southern Cove cabin he purchased weeks ago. The teak cabin was situated upon a sloping hill overlooking the sea. There were concrete steps leading from the cabin to the white, sandy shores. He had settled in a while ago and was awaiting his wife and children. He wanted everyone to arrive together, and the plan was he'd meet up with his wife and children at her mother's place, where she'd been spending the last two weeks. Rupert never understood her reason for going there. But she insisted, and he allowed it. After arriving at her mother's house, she wasn't ready and told him to go ahead and they'll come along later. He couldn't knock this suspicious feeling. Still, he brushed it aside. On arriving at the cabin, he'd called Sara, but her phone went unanswered.

He was standing outside the cabin's front door, admiring the scenery before him. Wide beach front with sparkling blue waters and blue skies with fluffy gay clouds. The water looked inviting, as if calling him. He descended the steps, and the call of the waves pouncing upon the shore and rocks bid him closer. He stood on the sand, near the water's edge, facing east, taking in the entire view on that side. Rupert turned anti clockwise, making a very slow one-eighty-degree-turn, admiring everything in sight while turning. Looking westwards, he noticed the sun in the sky, mere hours from sinking, thinking the sunset must be spectacular.

Just then, something on the ground caught his eye: a body wrapped in white and unmoving. Or was he imagining? He walked towards the figure and as he drew nearer, realised he was right. He was unsure whether it was a man or woman until he was closer. She was lying face up, with sand over her hands, elbows, exposed feet, the sides of her face and her long raven coloured hair. Her heart-shaped face looked peaceful, her almond-shaped eyes, and pink semi full bottom lip relaxed, as he wondered if she was alive. Kneeling, he placed his hand over her chest for a heart beat but felt the rise and fall of her well rounded breasts. He became nervous, but was glad she was alive. He wiped the sand off her face. She stirred and began moaning as if scared; he thought. He lifted her to him and felt the wetness of her body next to him and the heat rising in her. She must have a fever, he thought as she continued making moaning sounds. He needed to get her to his cabin as soon as possible and get her out of those wet clothes.

He carried her up the steps and as he neared the door to his cabin, he couldn't help gazing at her. She opened her eyes, still moaning, and peered at him before falling right back to sleep.