"It looks like a fucking barn." He grumbles and ignores the chuckle that gets out of his new found nuisance. He can feel the energy shift with that laugh as Black falls into his easy-going persona, putting on a show for the people who glance at them as they're heading into the diner.  

"Language." Black hisses loud enough for the family in front of them to hear, nudging him in the back, and Edward can't help but rolls his eyes. 

Edward's house is nice. It was decorated beautifully, it was spacious, and it had a magnificent view. Black's house was surrounded by dense trees and looked like it was built out of spite.

"It's not cozy." Black says before falling into that smile that he throws at the waitress who is heading over with a menu. This particular waitress was a round woman, potentially in her late thirties to early forties, who smelled like grease, but looked warm and inviting. Some of her hair was stuck to her forehead with sweat and she had a pencil stuck behind her ear. Edward doubted she was Black's type, so maybe he was like that with every waitress who worked at this place. 

"Oh, You brought him back!" The woman says with a bright smile that is aimed at Edward. Her eyes are gleaming with excitement that he doesn't fully understand. 

"I'm Bailey, I'll be your waitress for tonight." 

It occurs to him that their little stunt from this morning must've circulated through the diner staff, because Edward can see the cashier peering at them from behind the register and one of the cooks pops his head out to get a peek.

"Sorry, this one is more of a Carver's guy." Jacob says with an easy enough smile, fingers grabbing for Edward's free hand as the waitress leads them over to the same table that Black had been seated at this morning. Black's grip is tight as if he thinks Edward's going to go wandering off into the kitchen with the cooks. Edward was starting to believe that he did this stuff purely to keep up appearances as he slips their interlocked fingers loose to plop down into his seat. None of this was necessary for people to believe they were...whatever they were supposed to be. From the endearing looks to helping Edward with the baby when he'd previously declined to kissing Edward on the cheek must've all been some kind of act for this particular crowd. That endearing grin was morphing itself into a tight smile as they settled into their seats.

"You didn't tell me you were expecting." The oblivious waitress says in an accusatory tone, clearly curious as she eyes the car seat with renewed interest.

The way she words the sentence is interesting to Edward. She hadn't asked if they'd adopted, she just jumped to the conclusion that she belonged to Jacob. Which, with every passing day, she was getting just a little more color, so maybe that shouldn't be surprising. Though, did she think they were using some kind of surrogate?

"Yeah, it was bit of a rocky one." Black lies just as casually as if he were recalling the truth. The woman straightens up a little, sympathy written across her face as she turns her head to look over at Edward. She seemed sorry for even asking.

"Well, the little lady is here now. What would you two gentlemen like to eat?"

Jacob doesn't even bother flipping open the menu.

"The usual for me. See anything you like?" Black asks, catching Edward's gaze before he can even glance back down at the menu. It's annoying despite the fact that Edward wasn't going to find anything inside the glorified, laminated brochure appetizing. He lets out a sigh.

"I'll have what he's having."

She scurries away towards the kitchen with her writing pad in tow and her pencil lodged back behind her ear.