Military problems (Ch.18)

Start from the beginning

Mai: "30 seconds, they are almost right above you!"

I ducked under the impasse and brought the truck to a stop as cars and trucks raced over the highway above us. Lamar and I sat there in silence, already hearing the aircraft flying overhead. But we were undercover, thanks to the highway.

For a minute, we sat completely still and waited...

Careful of every breath we took, then Mai's voice came over the radio.

Mai: "You're good. It's doubling back and going a different route."

Lamar, without even saying a word, pulled me into a hug as I silently bit my teeth.

Lamar: "We made it! WE FUCKING MADE IT!!!"

Y/N: "Shoulder... Bleeding!"

Lamar: "Fuck, oh fuck, sorry, playa."

Lamar moved back, and I nodded, then told him to get out. Get the truck we stole yesterday. So we can quickly change rigs. He left the car as Mai spoke up.

Mai: "How badly is it?"

Y/N: "Shoulder and possibly leg wound. I felt it when I started walking."

Mai: "I'll get Izzy; he'll be there soon."

On the other side of the communicator, I could already hear Mai phoning Izzy and giving him my coordinates. I stripped off my clothes, asking Lamar to help me put on my regular clothes. Then watched him switch out the trucks, then did my best to put the tarp over the container and watched him drive off.

For two minutes, I waited on the side of the road. A had covered my face as I baked in the sun. The sounds of cars wheels hitting the pavements made me chuckle, then a blue supercar appeared by my side. My friend was stepping out and helping me into the car.

My eyes were becoming heavy as he spoke to me.

Izzy: "Come on, buddy, stay with me now. Don't go to sleep!"

The car raced onto the highway, and as I took shallow breaths. Clutching the seat belt, not even able to put it on, with the lack of strength I had. Then finally, Los Santos came into view, and I smiled; we couldn't be than ten seconds away from the doctor.

[Izzy's Pov]

Driving through a red light and then another. As my car wheels started to screech across the road, I could already tell this would be bad. I took a hard right and stopped in front of the doctor's house. Calling him already halfway to Y/N's location.

His gate was already open. This was a routine thing for calls like this. When the garage closed, the doctor appeared with a stretcher and a nurse by his side. Kicking the door open, I ran to the passenger's side and moved Y/N out. The doctor placed him on the bed and pulled out his stethoscope.

Doctor: "He's faint... What blood time is he?"

Izzy: "A Positive."

Doctor: "Then we are in luck. We still have a few litters of blood lying around. Come inside."

The doctor moved Y/N to his private room, the only room in his mansion prepped for surgery. Then, already donning gloves, he got to work. The nurse is forcing me outside, taking a seat on an old Victorian-era couch. I pulled out my phone to call Mai.

It didn't take long for her to pick up.

Mai: "Is he alright?"

Izzy: "He's already in surgery. How are the plans going?"