22 || Making Logic

Start from the beginning

I have never asked Sena in depth about her trifecta; she has never offered up any information either. It is narrow minded to believe that just because someone's significant other is of the opposite sex that their entire trifecta would be as well, but for some reason I believed such.

Sena and I have lived together for nearly four years and in those four years we have never shared a bed. The apartment we have is a two bedroom two bath which Sena suggested stating she didn't want to sleep in the same bed until we were married, if we are to marry.

Until right now her reservations seemed somewhat logical. Until right now, I assumed Sena was attracted to men.

"You know I enjoyed being with you last night, Talia, but we pushed boundaries we shouldn't have. I think that Namjoon coming home early is a good thing so that we don't end up breaking trifecta rules."

She taps her phone against her forehead in frustration. Returning it to her ear, she adds, "I think I would have fully given myself to you and officially broken my connection to Hazel. I'm not ready to tell her that I.. that our partnering wasn't wrong."

It takes me a moment to process all of this new information. The woman the fates paired me with isn't interested in men. Why would our pairing be logical?

"I have to go. Can we have lunch tomorrow?"

Sena stares at her feet tapping her toes against a leg of the coffee table. Her face is twisted in worry that her succour will deny her request.

"Please, Talia. Don't shut me out."

Judging by the way Sena ends the call, I assume the reply this Talia woman gives is a 'maybe'. I hear sniffling and the clatter of her cellphone as she drops it onto the side table.

Once dressed, I return to the living room and take a seat next to my girlfriend. She doesn't acknowledge my presence (but then again she rarely ever does) and she keeps watching her movie. At least now I feel like I have an explaination of why she has seemed so cold towards me all of these years.

"Do you know what this Friday is, Sena?" I inquire after a few silent minutes.

"Shh! It's getting to a good part."

"It's our anniversary. Would you like to have dinner with me to celebrate?"

She doesn't divert her attention from the television, but her mouth twists to the side to ask "You said Friday?"

"Yes. This Friday."

"I already have plans."

"Oh." I clear my throat building the courage to proceed. "Are your plans with your succour?"

Sena's breath catches but she tries to hide it. "What concern is it of yours, Namjoon? I told you I have plans that night and that is all you need to know."

"Shouldn't I be concerned about my girlfriend's whereabouts any day of the week but especially on our anniversary? Will you be with your succour or not?"

"Drop it, Joon. I fucking mean it."

Adjusting in my seat to face Sena I press further hoping she will finally come clean. "What is the big deal? It's a simple yes or no question. You either will or you won't. It's not difficult to answer."

Sena uses the remote to turn off the television. Slamming the controller down on the coffee table, she stands to stomp towards her bedroom.

"I'm going to bed. Good night."

--

The pain that shoots through my insides early the following morning folds my entire body in half. I wail out in excruciating agony falling from my bed to the floor on my knees. My face contorts from the unknown ailment with a blood curdling scream.

Sena rushes into the room dropping to the floor beside of me. "Namjoon! What is it? What's wrong?"

I can't reply; I yell more releasing tears down my cheeks.

An hour passes and the torment has toned down to a dull soreness. I refused to go to the hospital against Sena's insistence choosing to take a few pain relievers in hopes that it helps.

The phone rings and Sena answers it quickly believing me to be asleep. Her voice is muffled but the shock in her tone is evident.

Seven minutes.

It takes Sena seven minutes to come to my bedside. Her arms dangle at her sides with her phone clutched in her right hand bouncing against her thigh.

The sentence that falls from her lips changes my life forever, but it isn't as startling as the declaration that follows which makes sense of our fated pairing.

"Amèlie is dead. I'll never have a child now."

--

a/n: have I told you lovely readers how much I appreciate every last one of you? the votes, comments, and private messages are such an encouragement and I am forever grateful 🥰❤💜