"No I get that. But why me?" he asked.

"Because this is the only mission you're capable of doing," I answered. "With that gunshot wound, that is," I pointed out.

He let out a loud sigh and a huff as he followed into the hospital.

"Heejin!" the lady in the front desk greeted.

She was a regular on duty during this time. I would meet her every time I stopped by. She practically knows me in and out, including the pew pew thing.

"Ms.Park! Yes! I managed to make some time this semester to drop by and say hello to Dad," I replied. "You know, if he allows me to be near him at least," I added.

"Who's this young man?" she asked, referring to Hyunjae. "Boyfriend?" she asked slightly softer.

"Ah!" I let out, just a little bit too loud. "No no. He's just a friend," I clarified.

She shot me a teasing look before gathering the visitor passes.

"Here." She passed us the flimsy cards. "You know where the ward is," she ended.

I gave her a small bow, before heading to my father's ward.

"Boyfriend hm?" Hyunjae teased.

"Shut up," I said.

I quickly rushed over to my father's ward. Peeking through the small, tiny window of the door, I could see him chained down and staring at the television. My hand fell onto the doorknob, but soon, it was taken away.

"Can you, stay outside," I said.

"Why?" Hyunjae asked.

"I think with your presence, he might feel more agitated and fidgety. I want to try to have a proper, good, nice conversation with him," I said.

"What if he attacks you or something?" the boy asked.

"Then I'll knock on the door so that you can come in," I planned.

He didn't think anything else of it before he nodded his head. I opened the door and closed it behind me. My father who was laying down, seemed to notice my presence but ignored it.

"I'm with a friend," I announced, before closing the door behind me.

hyunjae pov

The walls weren't that thin in the hospital. Even with the door closed, I could still hear the girl and her dad's conversation. It may have been slightly invasive but I just couldn't help it.

"Monster!" he shouted. "Get away from me!" he shouted again.

"Dad, I think there's a problem with that," Heejin started.

I peeked through the door's window to see the man chained to his bed and huffing heavily.

"What is it?" he growled at the girl.

"I don't think the get away part is possible since I'd have to be lured away. You should know that. I don't want to get caught anytime soon," the girl teased and played around.

My eyes widened slightly at her boldness towards her father. A nice conversation it started out too. This was bound to end badly and I wished someone else was here for it.

"How about we try ALPS?" he asked.

"Alps?" the girl replied. "What's that?" I asked.

"Well, first you have to be in the mood to leave," he said.

My head turned at that thought. What's he doing?

Then, you come here," he stated.

This was starting to get little bit suspicious. The girl felt the same way. After a few seconds, she followed as told. I wanted to just barge in at that moment but there was a chance I could endanger her.

"Then, I provide you with assistance," he continued.

I placed my hand on the doorknob turning it slowly. I met gazes with her father.

"Lastly, you have the sacrifice," he ended.

I could hear her gasp loudly before a loud click echoed through the room. My eyes shot to the man's arms around the girl's waist to see a shiny metal reflecting the light into my eyes.

"Heejin!" I shouted.

Before anything else, Heejin let out a loud scream as the cold metal met the skin of her waist. I ran over and pulled Heejin away from her father. Her hand fell onto her waist, trying to put pressure on the cut.

"You're crazy!" I shouted loud enough that nurses were running to us.

"What happened?" a nurse asked.

"He cut his own daughter," I stated.

The nurse noticed the knife and took it away from the man.

"Let's bring her to the infirmary," another nurse stated behind me.

I quickly picked up the girl and brought her out of the room. All through that, her eyes were still stuck on her father who stared back at her with the same eyes. We reached the infirmary and the nurse was hurrying to ready the iodine patch and bandage.

"It's not a deep cut, so she'll be alright," the nurse said.

The nurse started cleaning the wound, as the girl hissed when the iodine came into contact with her skin. Tears streamed down her face. It wasn't long until the nurse was finished and told us that she could stay for a while before we left.

"I'm... sorry," the girl apologised. "I shouldn't have fallen for that."

"It's fine," I replied.

Heejin was a girl who experienced so much childhood trauma that she probably just wanted her old father back. So when her father started showing signs that he cared for her, she fell easily. It was a mistake yes, but not a dumb one.

The only mistake int his situation was that carried out by her father. The thought of him made my blood just boil.

He was going to pay and I know the guys would agree with me.