"Ezio, you don't need to send your men to pick us up. We're already on our way." He says as he steps further into the room. I catch Marco roll his eyes. What a bullshit, Russo.

They are settled on the conference table across the room as Marco strides toward them, slapping the files on the table. It scatters open, showing them what the purpose of this meeting really is. Russos immediately put on innocent masks, looking at him with confusion. But I can smell liars from miles away.

"Cut the bullshits and give me back what I lost." I warn them before they can say any excuses. Stefano clears his throat.

"I think there's a misunderstanding here. My men would never dare to intervene—" He is cut off by the sound of glass breaking against the wall inches away from his head. Pieces of it land on his hair while some others make a mess on the floor.

"I said. Cut. The. Bullshit." I snap, watching them squirm on their seats. I tilt my chin up to Marco, signaling him to finish it.

"4 millions. We'll collect tomorrow, Russo." Marco says firmly. Stefano's eyes widen.

"What? The shipment isn't worth that much!" he exclaims, digging his own grave. The fucker really has no shame. I wonder why I haven't killed him yet.

"That's for your fucking betrayal." Marco hisses. "We put mercy on your family because we respect your dying father."

I wave my hand in dismissal and before I hear any lame words coming out of his mouth, my men drag them out of the office. They fight and protest, but that's all. Russos are a bunch of cowards.

I sit on my leather chair behind my desk, overviewing reports on the laptop while Marco lights his cigarette. His features strained and I can kind of guess why.

"What?" I ask, annoyed at the tension he carries.

"How's Sofia?" he starts, void of emotions, but I can read him like the back of my hand. The man is worried. She's the only sibling that he has. And I get to be the only fucker she shouldn't get involved to.

"Ah, your sister? Good. Perfect, even. She said hi." I reply, glancing at him to find more distressed look. I can't help but chuckle. "What, man? I'm being honest. I treat her good. Not even a scratch."

"You'll never have the patience. She's a brat." He scoffs, unconvinced. Right. His sister is one of the kind. Maybe it has something to do with her age or just the way she was raised.

I shrug. "Nothing I can't handle."

Marco rubs his temple in frustration. We know it's only a matter of time before she pushes the buttons and does stupid things. Wait, she already did that.

"How long she'll be in the mansion?" he asks, almost in defeat.

"As long as it gets to learn her lessons."

✖️

It's three in the morning when I'm home. My bedroom is already dark and eerie, only accompanied by dim light in the corner. I take off my clothes and change them into a grey sweatpants before joining her on the bed.

She's sleeping on her side, facing me. Calm as an ocean. Her breaths even. She looks peaceful. And so fucking beautiful. Those lips slightly part as I lean closer, invading her space.

She then jolts awake. Those lids frantically open in panic and before I know it, the tip of a gun touching my bare chest. She's holding it under the pillow the entire time, huh?

"What are you doing?" she snaps, still coming down from adrenaline rush. I narrow my eyes at her tone. It surprises me how often I restrain my anger around her.

"Easy." My voice is cold as an ice.

"Back off." She says only above a whisper. I feel goose bumps on her skin as my knuckles caress her inside arm. The hold on the gun falters.

"Or what." I challenge.

"I'll shoot." She replies. Her voice quivers. My lips curl up in amusement. I'm high of excitement. I hold her wrist, tugging at it.

"Do it." I demand. Her forefinger hovers on the trigger, but her respiration rate accelerates. She's fucking nervous. She's hesitant because I call her bluff. "Do it!" I yell. She releases the gun pathetically, but I take it and push it back into her hand.

Then, the hell breaks loose. She fists her hand and seconds later her knuckles make a contact with my jaw. What? It was a weak hit, yet leaving me stunned.

Her chest falls and rises rapidly. I quickly snap myself out of daze. No woman has ever tried to hit me before, let alone really did it.

I grab both of her wrists and yank her to me, making her shriek. "You're really something, aren't you?"

"You deserve it!" she bites out, still struggling against me. But I cage her in, locking my leg around her hips and my arm around her back. I embrace her tightly until her screams muffled against my chest and her lungs squeezed out.

I chuckle darkly. "You're going to be so much fun, dolcezza."

"Fuck you!" she growls out.

"Right now?"

✖️