"Gross." I scrunched my nose and laughed.

I ended up staying talking with Jungkook while looking around at the storm of people creating lighting with their bodies that was electrifying to the touch. I found out what the rest of my friends were wearing. Jin was apparently a mirror, ironically, Jimin was a kitty with glittery eyeshadow and wearing nothing but latex. Hoseok went for something simpler this year and came as the candyman. It fitted them perfectly and I talked and laughed with people from our department and just mutuals until I couldn't handle my excitement anymore.

Mina dragged me out to the middle of the room with her, a smile becoming a crescent on my face as I laugh and giggle. The party was in full swing now. The night was alive. The air was so thick with lights and smoke we could have been underwater, if not for the roar of the crowd and music that thrummed straight through the bodies surrounding me and into my eardrums. Sweat flicked up into the air with the start of every dance move, and wet hair bounced back down with its completion.

This feeling felt so surreal. It felt like I was in a coming-of-age movie and I was the main character. My body had become so alive with no drugs needed to enhance the rush. I didn't care what my hair looked like, if it was becoming puffy and my curls were coming back, I didn't care. This was what I needed, I needed a break from reality and a time to let loose. Tomorrow wasn't coming and it was only now that mattered.

I forgot about everything at that moment, with Mina's hands gliding up my body and exploring crevices that would've made me blush before. We danced and danced until I felt dizzy enough to head over to the bar to finally grab myself a drink. I skimmed down all the rainbow of beverages and rolled my eyes remembering the mention of Jimin intending for everyone to get fucked up.

"Don't mind if I do," I say under my breath then lick my lips as I proceed to fill my cup up with brown and clear liquor. Oh, I know what I'm doing, this is a recipe for getting white girl wasted.

"Darling." That deep, husky, grumbling voice entered my mind and my body froze on instinct. I forgot all about Yoongi and I looked over at the clock on the wall and the hand was just turning to nine. It's still early, but the party started a long time ago.

I faced whatever timidness that slipped past my confidence and turned around only becoming timider when I got a look at his face. I touch my mouth because I think I gasped and felt my lips were apart as I took in the entirety of this man. The first thing I noticed was the scar, the tips of my fingers grazed it because it looked too real. Then the locks of golden blonde with a black scarf going around his forehead and an eccentric piece holding his ponytail up on his head.

The triangle shape of his eyes was sharp and held such intensity that I got lost in them. He wore some sort of traditional clothes robed in a velour onyx and gold dragons on the belly and sleeves. Earrings swung down his ears like miniature chandeliers while his neck decorated a chain or two, I couldn't tell anymore as the drool dripped down my chin.

Yoongi's eyes burned with the satisfaction of seeing me like this. They were dreamy and bewitching, drawing me like I'm his prey and he's something I should be afraid of. The butterflies in my stomach wings brushed so harshly against the pit of my stomach I felt undone just by standing here.

I am utterly speechless.

"I...Yoongi.." I'm so flustered right now I know he could see the flare of red hidden beneath all this makeup. Yoongi's light chuckle fill my ears with a melody so soft I thought I heard angels. He was smiling at me, as he bit his lips in a knowing way and pressed his thumb against them. His eyes finally took a trip looking at me from head to toe and I began to feel nervous. I'm searching for all that confidence, all that high self-esteem that I felt for what seem so many years ago to come kicking in now.